"Rock You Like a Hurricane" goes to the beach..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Calamity/Hurricane getting closer...6/3/12

Jake Sensi said:
raggedjim said:
That bike is clean! I keep seeing bikes that look almost finished and it's starting to worry me...

Good luck, Rg
Yeah i'm seeing that too! So let's keep those page two guys on page one,stop slacking and...GTB!!!!!

No need to worry Rg. The finish date is 1st of August I believe. I think my daughter is going to start on her own build-off bike next week :D

and Jake... I guess I am a page two guy? :lol: :lol:

Re: rock you like a "Hurricane"

so we're like 95 percent done. Had to go check out the local "cruise in" today. Put some miles on ole "Hurrkey".
rathurricane010.jpg

rathurricane009.jpg

rathurricane011.jpg

rathurricane004.jpg

rathurricane006.jpg

Stay tuned to this rat station.... be rat back!! :wink:

Re: rock you like a "Hurricane" rattin' on Saturday

YEAH BABY THAT IS ONE SWEET BIKE. A REAL RATASTIC PIECE OF WORK!! PEACE

Nice lookin' bike 8) 8) How did you apply the graphics and can you post close ups of the guard when it's finished :?: Great job :wink:

Bike is looking great.
Loves those cars!!!!
Great to see a BO bike getting used!!!!

Thanks guys!
I still have to convert the old generator taillight to LED. Considering putting a chrome rack on the rear. Mostly small stuff left.

Our local sign shop does vinyl lettering. I just found the fonts and color I wanted to use, printed the prototype..took him the chainguard and print,,,,,,,,, e-mailed him the fonts off my computer. He sized and applied the chainguard lettering and gave me the matching pin-striping strips to apply to the frame. His fancy, automated machine cuts out all the graphics. All for $10! He used to do all the lettering on my drag car several years ago when I was still racing.

Had a lot of lookers and comments at the "cruise in" and 2 offers to buy it! :oops: I wouldn't even know what to price it? or if I'd sell it.
The 3 speed/coaster brake with a 40 tooth front gear turned out to be the perfect combination.
I will post more pics soon and close ups. Gotta get my bikini models ready! :lol: :wink:

mitchelangelo said:
Gotta get my bikini models ready! :lol: :wink:

I'm too cheap, I think I am going to be the bikini model for my bike. Just have to find a bikini that fits. :p :oops: :shock:

kingfish254 said:
mitchelangelo said:
Gotta get my bikini models ready! :lol: :wink:

I'm too cheap, I think I am going to be the bikini model for my bike. Just have to find a bikini that fits. :p :oops: :shock:

That should be interesting.... :eek: be sure it has polka dots! :lol: :lol:

That is one cool bike! :!: !

Very nice work!....what size/type rear tire are you running?

the rear tire is a 2.125 blackwall I got at K-Mart. I forget the name on the tire. It came in a Schwinn box. Thanks!!

I took some mostly finished pics today

hurricane2025.jpg

hurricane2021.jpg

hurricane2020.jpg

hurricane2019.jpg

hurricane2017.jpg

hurricane2016.jpg

hurricane2015.jpg

hurricane2011.jpg

man..now I have to start on something else!!

FeerlessCalamity001.jpg

just for comparison..

Re: rock you like a "Hurricane" new pics 6/20 page 5

Man I love this transformation. You have done the Rock Themed Bikes proud! Sweet !! A real vote getter! Peace

Awesome paint and graphics!!
The photos really show off the twin top tubes too.

Great transformation!!

That's a sweet ride 8) 8)

Peatbog said:
That's a really nice looking bike. I especially like the before and after pictures. It just shows what a bit of work can do to take what many people would see as a piece of junk and make it into a cool new bike.

The before/after pics are stellar :!:

I love it when people see the before pic as junk.The price is usually cheaper :D

Circa Cycles said:
Peatbog said:
That's a really nice looking bike. I especially like the before and after pictures. It just shows what a bit of work can do to take what many people would see as a piece of junk and make it into a cool new bike.

The before/after pics are stellar :!:

I love it when people see the before pic as junk.The price is usually cheaper :D

Thanks guys! I see affordable and a "diamond in the rough" instead of junk. Trying to pick up cheap bikes is how I get most of my parts. I'm a first time RBBO'er and the whole family has had fun building this bike!
Can't wait to see ALL the finished RATS! :D :D

Latest posts

Back