robin hood 3 speed anyone know what its worth?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
so i got a response to my vintage bicycle ad on Craigslist and the guy sends me this
i know robin hood bicycles are rare and this ones in excellent shape but im weary of the price he wants for it
so to settle my curiosity and my weariness i turn to you,my fellow rrbers to determine if it is a good price or not
here is the bike

im interested in it but i need to make sure its worth his price
thanks
sean

whats his price? i wouldnt say that the bike is all that rare. around here it might be a $100 bike if its got good tires/tubes. pretty sure its built by raleigh which in my opinion is a nice riding bike.

If you really like it and want to keep it for yourself, that price is not crazy. But if you're buying for resale, there is no money left.

Yeah if he wants more than $100 in my opinion that bike's gonna sit.

There are about 10 brands of English 3-speeds, all with some connection to Raleigh, and this is one of them. It may in fact be rare, and it may even be in good shape, but they're not a collectible bike and never have been.

The only thing that would make it interesting is if it had a Dyna-Hub front generator wheel, and it doesn't. Pass.

--Rob

NLCTVWguy said:
Yeah if he wants more than $100 in my opinion that bike's gonna sit.

There are about 10 brands of English 3-speeds, all with some connection to Raleigh, and this is one of them. It may in fact be rare, and it may even be in good shape, but they're not a collectible bike and never have been.

The only thing that would make it interesting is if it had a Dyna-Hub front generator wheel, and it doesn't. Pass.

--Rob

right on the money nlctwguy
i don't really feel it for 150 even 100 is pushing it IMO
i have a pilot 3 speed that's just as good shape as this one and i paid 20 bucks for it
i did some research on this particular bike their really not all that rare or desirable
im gonna wait him out til he decides to come down i offered him 85 as a counter offer to his and that's where im comfortable with it
thanks for the advise guys its ahsame this bikes gonna sit but too much money for it definitely
Sean

Most of these English three speeds are very similar (raleigh, hercules, armstrong, triumph, robin hood, phillips, rudge) the list goes on. They sold millions of them, they certainly are not rare. I had a Robin Hood bike growing and and while they are not the lightest bikes, but they are well built. If you're in the market for a bike like that keep an eye out and you're sure to find another one in your price range.

thanks ssg
yeah i hear ya
i have an ad looking for vintage bicycles and this was one that was replied to me
i actually have a Hercules in the works for 45 bucks in good shape
i have found a lot of robin hoods around
so yeah im not too interested in this one anymore people around here be thinking everything worth big money they have the occ sting rays upward f 400 dollars and anything that even resembles vintage they got them so high i don't wanna touch them
i would be better off buying them elsewhere and having then shipped to me which is another route im going
thanks for the advice guys i appreciate it it's good to know there are fellow bike enthusiasts out there to help someone like me
Sean

Latest posts

Back