Roadster Low26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with a 2004 Kustom Kruiser Roadster

before:
DSC03425.JPG

removed some things, changed some things

0520101748b.jpg

I have some leather, chrome bullet headlight and ideas for a custom front end.

I will post pics of the progress.

Re: This Roadster = More 'rod, less rat (maybe)

light bolted on
31517_413456306880_706991880_4771611_4816654_n.jpg

0913101816a.jpg

bolted up some ape's, put on the brooks.

looks killer!
whats the point in removing the spring from the forks?
does it ride better? does it make a difference, if so what?

The spring is replaced by a black tennis ball. It makes the bike sit lower and ride softer. It also left me a solid bracket to mount the bullet light to. I've put about a 100 miles on it this way without any problems.

Just an FYI, if you weigh in over 175lbs, I can't say how well the tennis ball will work out. :shock: I'm about 160 and it will bottom on big bumps. I need to put in a new ball cuz it was great the first month then it gets too soft. I've learned to swerve around the rough stuff. :wink:

thats a good idea, the tennis ball. never heard of that 1 b4. i might just have to try that on my spring fork...

Back together. Bent springer + 5.5" crank = one low Roadster. Let's see how long I can keep it this way.

I have a Typhoon in parts now that should keep me from pulling this apart again. More pics on the way.

20110324190034.jpg

I dusted off the Roaster only to put it under the wrench. Now that it's starting to snow, I'm sure it will be in my basement until spring anyway...

2012-11-06%252011.05.14.jpg

in the process of adding a 3spd coaster.

I don't want to muck up the bars by running a twist shift up there so I'm doing a jockey shift under the seat.

the brainstorming will continue until I figure out the stop for second gear and how to mount the lever.

In the photo, you'll see a selector from an old Schwinn 10spd. Don't laugh at the wheel, cuz that's how I bought the hub. I will re-lace it into another wheel...someday.

Latest posts

Back