Roadmaster Luxury Liner Repro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came into the bike shop where I work and I just had to do some research. Turns out it is a 1998 reproduction of a 49-53 cleveland welding bike. There were supposidly only 5000 made with a price tag of 3 grand. Gal said it was in her grandmothers garage and took it before she got rid of it. She wasn't sure if she would like riding it so I said she could sell it to me and I'd hang it above my mantle when I wasn't riding it. definitly a sweet ride and according to what I found... made using all the original tooling! I like the brake light switch behind the chainguard... I might have to try making that myself. I really enjoyed giving this it's test ride after it was put back together. Enjoy the pics.
DSCN0749.jpg

DSCN0750.jpg

DSCN0751.jpg

DSCN0754.jpg

DSCN0757.jpg

DSCN0755.jpg

DSCN0753.jpg

DSCN0756.jpg

Hi! Just as a point of reference, I bought mine about a year and a half ago for $350 - never been ridden but had been hanging in an attic for 10 years so there was some minor specks of surface rust that you could literally pick off with your fingernail. I think the cheapest I've seen one go for on ebay is about $275. Lately they have been closer to $400. Even at that price you can make money parting them out. The brake light switch you referred to I've seen sell for $100 with the tail light unit, wire and clips. The headlight sells tremendously well - $125 range. Springer - $100 Plus, Troxell Saddle - $85, HD Wheels w/ 12 Gauge spokes, fenders unique to Luxury Liners, rear carrier, pedals - all excellent parts for resale (I'm talking ebay pricing only). Rear hub and crankset are so-so. If you want a nice riding cruiser you can't go wrong. I just wanted to give you an idea of what they sell for now despite the original 3K pricetag. By the way - I Like Mine!

Roadmaster: did they sell all 5000 through the mail order service? it looked like (through my limited time searching) that quite a few were still NIB. But you say market value for one of these is around the $300 - $400 range? That's actually reasonable! I told her I was interested but that was before I knew the details... I wasn't sure I could afford it if she decided to sell. Is it possible to tighten up the front springer at all? I noticed that this bikes springer kind of dropped when you lifted the front end and was pretty springy when you rode it. Just for reference what would an original sell for?

Latest posts

Back