ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, more...
'80s Specialized Expedition with Bluemels alu fenders & Karamor bag
d2efaa7d-1.jpg

A (70's?) Motobecane Grand Jubile with Huret derailleurs (rear is Jubile long cage)

52f28258.jpg

love that headbadge....
1c2420fe-1.jpg

Another Paramount
523dc75b.jpg

Kool Lemon Sport Tourer, '71. I've since adjusted the handlebars & sorry the picture isn't clearer. Schwinn approved bag.
99b71fba-1-1.jpg

riderick said:
Here are a couple of Schwinns. I seem to have 'stem-shifter itis' with these two, not a shifter location that is much in style anymore. (Also, 'safety lever itis')
A Kool Orange Sport Tourer, circa 1971 and

4cb5971c.jpg

845d3fbe.jpg

a 70's Chrome Paramount, the touring model. Gotta get that Paramount on the road this summer....not gonna use sew ups, though......

how tall are you? those head tubes look huge!.. Nice collection.

Motobecane 'Le Champion'

nice old motobecane came into the shop for a tune & tires. cleaned up pretty nicely. it would be cool if he were to bring it in for some wider bars, tape, and hoods someday. if cost was no object i'd rebuild it with clinchers- but then again it's easy to come up with ideas on how to spend other peoples money.... :D

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

early 80's Lotus Legend, came to me like this:
LotusLegend1a.jpg

and gave it to my nephew like this:
LotusLegend2.jpg

My oldest son's early 70's Raleigh Sprite:
russraleigh8.jpg

And his welcome home present from his second tour of Iraq:
WindsorWellington10.jpg

Mid 70's Huffy Scout, long gone to a new home....
100_1138.jpg

Schwinn Deluxe Varsity restored for a freind:
100_1678.jpg

to become this:
100_1686.jpg

and my old dependable 1971 steel frame Murray....with about 3000 miles on it:

100_1459.jpg

My 2002 Airborne Zepplin full Ultegra group, Dura Ace hubs. Affordable Titanium before they went out of business they were owned by Pacific Bike company. To throw off smart alec bike mechanics I refer to it as my 'Huffy'. Seriously though this bike rides like a dream.
zepplin2.jpg

d.rock said:
Just snagged this World Sport off CL last night for $35. Needs tires and a chain, but overall the bike is in great shape. No rust on the frame, wheels are clean, and the chrome and aluminum should only need minimal polishing. First I will get it rideable in the current geared configuration, but I may convert it to a single speed in the future.

IMG_4857.jpg

And here is how it sits now, after about $70 in new parts (tires, cables, brake levers, bar tape) and a couple hundred miles :mrgreen:

I'm still considering the single speed conversion, but I won't go ahead with it until I have another road bike to ride while I tear down the Schwinn. I now have another addiction...

IMG_0554.jpg

I picked this one and then noticed that its too tall for my son. I will most likely trade it for a smaller frame so i can redo one for him. Its a Scwinn Sprint. Its the same size as mine.
SANY0013-8.jpg

Here is my '81 schwinn varsity that I refurbished and the rest of my road bike family :D
DSCN6960.jpg

DSCN7045.jpg

DSCN7335.jpg

One of a pair of early 90s Peugeots that I picked up for five bucks total.

The first one I put air in the tires and replaced the seatpost and sold for $230.
This one I put new tires on it and cleaned/tuned it . We'll see what I get for it.
It's a lavender frame with yellow lettering. That's why I went with the subtle yellow tires.

IMG_2263.jpg

kingfish254 said:
One of a pair of early 90s Peugeots that I picked up for five bucks total.

The first one I put air in the tires and replaced the seatpost and sold for $230.
This one I put new tires on it and cleaned/tuned it . We'll see what I get for it.
It's a lavender frame with yellow lettering. That's why I went with the subtle yellow tires.

IMG_2263.jpg

Just sold the $2.50 Peugeot for $300. SWEEEETTNEE$$$$$$$$$$$!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That's a total of $530 for two bikes that I paid a fiver for.

Latest posts

Back