RIP Chris Cornell

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In another life I saw Chris with Soundgarden in 1992 in Houston at the Astrodome when they opened for Guns & Roses. Hadn't even heard of them before that concert. I actually liked them better than GNR.

I posted a memorial in my build off thread.

This hit me harder than Cobain. I styled my vocals as best I could around Chris and Phil Anselmo.
I know it's an odd mix, but I did the best I could. Depression has put me on my a.. with this news.

I saw them in 96 on the lollapalooza tour. They were on the bill between RATM and Metallica. They put on a great show. Badmotorfinger was one of the albums that was constantly in my tape deck in high school. I knew that he had some issues in the past but this really hit hard. Depression is a beast. Suicide is never a way out. Such a talent lost. [emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's an interesting article about Chris and this rat bike built for him by this 11 year old kid.

2013-chris-cornell2-jpg.jpg

chris-cornell-on-a-bicycle.jpg

I actually liked them better than GNR.
I saw GnR four times between '88 and '93...and, they were definitely inconsistent, and not all due to Axl, shockingly. When they were sync'd up, they were pretty awesome.
This hit me harder than Cobain. I styled my vocals as best I could around Chris and Phil Anselmo.
I like Nirvana quite a bit, they make my top 10 Seattle bands for sure :nod:. I believe them to have been a 2nd tier 'grunge' band at best, and I think things would have shaken out that way if he hadn't offed himself. I get pretty annoyed, however, when Nirvana gets 'best rock band of all time', or such, nods all the time...he is a textbook 'cult of personality' example.

I never met Chris...saw him several times, but never met. I did, however, meet Anselmo, and the rest of the band, in '91-ish in his tour bus after a show. I have a signed shirt from him and I made it into one of the versions of the 'Cowboys from heck' video, as well :bigsmile:.
Suicide is never a way out.
Very true, and also a belief that Chris held. Which is why I will not except that Chris Cornell committed suicide. This is another case of celebrity death by weak, incompetent, doctors as far as I'm concerned. Prince, MJ, Heath Ledger, etc...death by prescription. I hope his family fights the suicide declaration tooth and nail if the toxicology panel shows the presence of mind altering prescription drugs.

Jason

This is another case of celebrity death by weak, incompetent, doctors as far as I'm concerned. Prince, MJ, Heath Ledger, etc...death by prescription. I hope his family fights the suicide declaration tooth and nail if the toxicology panel shows the presence of mind altering prescription drugs.
It's already looking like they will fight this hard (and I agree). It will be difficult to prove, but Ativan is known to cause suicidal side effects from what I've read. It is also worth noting that the cause of death has direct consequences financially for his wife and children. Suicide negates life insurance policies.

It's already looking like they will fight this hard (and I agree). It will be difficult to prove, but Ativan is known to cause suicidal side effects from what I've read. It is also worth noting that the cause of death has direct consequences financially for his wife and children. Suicide negates life insurance policies.

Big Pharma are the most dangerous drug pushers these days for sure.

Ativan has some serious side effects, paranoia and suicidal thoughts are just two.
His wife said he told her the last time they talked that he may have taken an extra one or two. Toxicology will tell.
But then it becomes, did he take more than prescribed or did the DR. prescribe as needed?

The bigger questions would be, if given to him to deal with rehab...had he been on them since 2003! :43:

If given to him to deal with depression or anxiety...was he directed to seek a counselor/therapist/headshrinker/etc while temporarily put on ativan?

Ativan isn't a maintenance drug, FDA recommended max of 4wks...any prescription should have been short term...and monitored.

Jason

Latest posts

Back