Ridley Motorbikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting...they are using Felt bikes and rebadging them.

That is a steep price increase too.

It's neat that they're using the top tube as the fuel tank instead of those generic tanks that sit on top. Nice, clean look on these. 8)

bike- 500
motor- 250
adapt fuel tank and misc - 100

cool bikes indeed and the finished product looks great !!!
but you could make your own for less than half, if so inclined

$2500??? There's a guy here who's selling a PRISTINE Vespa P200E for less than that.

I'm sorry, I just don't get the motorized bicycle bit when you can get a SCOOTER, which will do an easy 60-70 mph, for the same or less money.

ChadB said:
$2500??? There's a guy here who's selling a PRISTINE Vespa P200E for less than that.

I'm sorry, I just don't get the motorized bicycle bit when you can get a SCOOTER, which will do an easy 60-70 mph, for the same or less money.
Have you ever riddin a bike with a motor on it? Its way cooler than a scooter dont need a licence, lights, or helmet and you dont look like the rest of the drunk drivers that lost there licence. :p

maddogrider said:
ChadB said:

Have you ever riddin a bike with a motor on it? Its way cooler than a scooter dont need a licence, lights, or helmet and you dont look like the rest of the drunk drivers that lost there licence. :p

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHhahahahahahaaa! Too funny, yet so true... 8)

maddogrider said:
ChadB said:

Dude, riding a scooter, which everyone thinks is a MOPED, @ 70 mph, is way cooler than riding a motorized bicycle that strains to do 30 mph.

I already have the license, it isn't a big deal. Ride around in a circle, weave around some cones, and stop on a line, voila, you have a license. It aint rocket science.

I used to have a Vespa GTS 250, and that thing woud do just a bit over 80 mph. I rode it on the interstate. I WISH i could have had a CB radio in my helmet so I could have heard the truckers talk about the "moped" that just passed them.

Somehow, I don't see tooling around on a motorized bicycle at 25-30 mph (which, BTW, even though that's moped SPEED, most motorized bicycles I've seen have 80cc or larger engines, which makes them, by Michigan law anyway, MOTORCYCLES, therefore requiring the license) as cool as passing trucks on the Interstate on a scooter.

Specially if the scooter has Nitrous:

n695327162_680040_2786.jpg

n695327162_680041_3051.jpg

I can't imagine riding a scooter with that engine. Those Yammie 350 YPVS engines came in the RZ350's here in the US for just a short time. Those things were pretty nasty bikes and would lift the front end at the blink of an eye. With a shift kit you can get those two stroke kits up to 50 pretty easily and quickly.

Pinche said:
I can't imagine riding a scooter with that engine. Those Yammie 350 YPVS engines came in the RZ350's here in the US for just a short time. Those things were pretty nasty bikes and would lift the front end at the blink of an eye. With a shift kit you can get those two stroke kits up to 50 pretty easily and quickly.

I had a '75 RD350B awhile back, and stock, that thing would hit 120 mph, easy, and get there in a hurry. I can't imagine how a tuned up 350 would do in a scooter.

ChadB said:
Pinche said:

I had a '75 RD350B awhile back, and stock, that thing would hit 120 mph, easy, and get there in a hurry. I can't imagine how a tuned up 350 would do in a scooter.

ChadB said:
Pinche said:

What? If you had a 120mph 350 you should hit the salt flats dude

maddogrider said:
ChadB said:
Pinche said:

What? If you had a 120mph 350 you should hit the salt flats dude

Huh? A good running 2 stroke RD350 is good for at least 120 mph, and that's bone stock. Hopped up, man, the sky's he limit. I also had a Suzuki Titan 500, 2 stroke...I have a healthy respect for 2 stroke street bikes. My ultimate dream bike would be a Kawasaki H2 750 triple.

Back in the 70's, the story was Yamaha decided on RD to designate Rider Death. We aren't talking abouut some run of the mill 4 stroke here.

Latest posts

Back