Resurrecting a Phantom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone.. as I mentioned on my Re introduction post, I dropped out of this Hobby a few years back. So with that said, I'd like to show you all what brought me back..

I happened to be browsing Craigslist and came across this.
Screenshot_20180706-181400_Samsung Internet.jpg

At first glance she didnt look like much but caught my interest anyway due to it being a springer.
Then I noticed the grips, sprocket, and deluxe pedals.. Thought to my self "This could have been a Phantom" and well I've always wanted one, so I met the guy and brought it home.
20180711_173714.jpg

I took it apart cleaned it up, and made some adjustments to make her a decent rider. I found original red paint inside the head tube and black in the crank case, add the fact that the springer is the locking type, and I was convinced!

Naturally the only thing that would make sence at this point would be to go on the hunt for parts..which I did. While I did manage to find some missing priginal parts..

I found a gentleman parting out a 90s repop and sourced the seat, fenders and pedals from him.. I will eventually repaint the whole thing again and not rush it this time.. and will send all the chrome out to get redone.

And well..here she is!
20180722_131702.jpg

20180730_131627.jpg

20180730_131446.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back