Restored White Schwinn Grips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's amazing what you can do with a little OCD, a dozen toothpicks, a toothbrush and Simple Green in only two short hours...

Somebody thought it would be smart to paint some dirty white grips to restore them. I had to see what was underneath

Before
6004049577_1e6ece6f1a_z.jpg

After
6004597554_e00177df83_z.jpg

udallcustombikes said:
I took the grungy pair on mine and soaked them in some diluted bleach after I scrubbed them up. 24 hours and they looked like new.
How did they hold up afterward? I have two yellowed sets of white schwinn grips i need cleaned up. just want to make sure it wont make em all squishy.

Thanks! Your bike looks Amazing. Does the camera work?

Love the camera mount. Home brew? Or is that a GoPro part?

I've got some old cameras I use as well as old tripods.. that is an interesting idea.

The camera might work if I had film... But it is just for show now
The mount is an Electra accessory. At $39 it was kinda pricey, but works great with my new camera

A few weeks ago I did the same thing but used Easy Off. The first application worked great. I forgot about the second application, by the time I remembered they were pretty well fried :( Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Back