ReSicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up this Schwinn and want to use stuff lying around the garage to incoporate into the build.

Thinking about using a dented tank, metal yardsticks for fenders, soup can headlight,etc.

ReSicycle004.jpg

Distressed & Primed Frame, Fabbed Rear Fender, Converted Garden Tealight & Tank (Might Motorized); if not, will use aluminum cylinder attached to rear seat post.

Here are a few pedestrian pics of progress slow far.

ReSicycle008.jpg
ReSicycle010.jpg
ReSicycle011.jpg
ReSicycle009.jpg
ReSicycle002.jpg

Here some progress on the build. Refinished Lantern, Fabbed the Bars & Green Rimmed w/Black Spoke Wheels, I will use for the build.

Left to Do: Paint frame, fenders & chainguard, select seat, mount tires & fab some sort of tank (not going to use dented fuel tank); any other stuff I have already forgotten.

resicycle3001.jpg

resicycle3002.jpg

resicycle3003.jpg

Thanks guys for the feedback. Execution of an idea is the proof if it was a good one or not.

Okay, rear fender is painted and mounts made; slow going so far. Decided strip frame down to aluminum, polish & clear coat.

Pic of fender.

resicycley002.jpg

Crude mockup after partial strip of the frame; still working on a tank design, final paint scheme & yet to be known embellishments.

ReSicycleMckUp002.jpg

ReSicycleMckUp001.jpg

Bighit,

Thanks for the comments. I see this style as "Dream Junk", with a little inspiration from SteamPunk genre.

Looking forward to see your future build. I am new to this forum and really am in awe of the RRB members creativity & ingenuity.

2dawgs said:
Bighit,

Thanks for the comments. I see this style as "Dream Junk", with a little inspiration from SteamPunk genre.

Looking forward to see your future build. I am new to this forum and really am in awe of the RRB members creativity & ingenuity.

I've sometimes heard of this style called "salvage punk". Either way, I really like the bike. Get a drivetrain on there so you can tell us how it RIDES!

Gowjobs,

It is all about the ride for sure. I working on the motion portion as we speak. Hope to take her out of for a cruise soon.

Added some detail to crank and mounted light on fork. Slowly I turn, step-by-step....

ReSicycle5004.jpg

ReSicycle5003.jpg

ReSicycle5002.jpg

Okay, 2nd mockup; I know the sprocket is on the wrong side; will change in the a.m.

ReSicycle6.jpg

It's 110 degrees today; moved the bike in the house (the wife is a work). Made a functioning tailight from a fruit can and mounted it to the fender. Got to get back to cleaning up the mess before the boss gets home.

IMG]http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab40/2dawgs_bucket/ReSicycle7001.jpg[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back