REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock:

fordsnake said:
P1120060.jpg

Happy Birthday, and your bike looks great. Really genius build.

I think the one thing that puts your builds above and beyond is the flow. This, and your bike last year, feels like it was drawn in the matter of two hours by a conceptual artist with no restrictions, then built from scratch by a team of sculptors. The fact that it was pieced together for 3-months from found and made objects with no firm ending point is just astonishing.

Happy belated birthday!! Mofaux is my favorite bike of all time, and this is getting just as awesome!! I'm so jealous of your ability, i've done fake patina on model cars well, but never a bike. I'll have to do one.

Many more happy birthdays to come I hope.

With this kind of inspiration coming regularly I reckon you are adding years to your publics lives just waiting to see what you do next.

Thanks everyone for taking a moment out of your day to wish me a happy B-day and also for acknowledging my vision for Remix. It came together better then I expected and also this build was a lot easier then last years :wink: What blows my mind; this baby weighs a ton but having that second chainring makes pedaling effortless! It handles incredibly smooth; no cranking or grinding it out, it's just smooth spinning...it's an unbelievable ride!

fordsnake said:
What blows my mind; this baby weighs a ton but having that second chainring makes pedaling effortless! It handles incredibly smooth; no cranking or grinding it out, it's just smooth spinning...it's an unbelievable ride!

You should take some video!

3 wheeled wolfy said:
The second crank makes it easier? How?
More torque created by smaller gear with short link between the two chainrings???

MazdaFlyer said:
3 wheeled wolfy said:
More torque created by smaller gear with short link between the two chainrings???
That's not possible, it's passive. If anything, it would seem that the added friction and mass could only add drag (albeit very nominal).

3 wheeled wolfy said:

I haven't a clue why the pedaling is easier...I'm not an engineer or a physicist. It's just serendipitous, so I'll leave the speculating and conjecturing to those who like pondering on theories?
The chainring is actually a complete crankset that bolts on to the seat post of a tandem. It's called a Childs Tandem Stoker or Kidback http://www.precisiontandems.com/cat_pics/tanstokid2.jpg These kits are designed to aid parents who enjoy cycling and want to share the ride with their toddler. I'm sure if there was drag on the cranks or struggles with cadence...these kits wouldn't be so pricey? They usually go for a couple hundred dollars...I found mine in a used parts bin at a co-opt bike shop and paid $25.00 :D :D :D

The Renaissance Man said:
MazdaFlyer said:
3 wheeled wolfy said:
That's not possible, it's passive. If anything, it would seem that the added friction and mass could only add drag (albeit very nominal).
That's what i'm thinking renaissance man, and Mazdaflyer I doubt the ratio would change, it would act like a tentioner. Maybe it's a mental thing, regardless the bikes amazing and I think to do justice you should take a dozen more pics of it.

The Renaissance Man said:
3 wheeled wolfy said:
Maybe it's a mental thing
I think you've got it. If this were my bike and I were riding it, I would find it VERY easy to pedal! 8) :mrgreen:

Perhaps it is a mental thing? But comparing the pedaling to the other bikes I've owned it's hard for me to agree with your hypothesis.:D :D :D :D

You have exceeded your limit of cool old bikes, you must now send me one bike of your choice. One of the Schwinn Motorbikes would be nice since you have two of them. :wink:

Sweet collection!

Latest posts

Back