REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Renaissance Man said:
How did you mount the third sprocket?
With it being on the tension side of the loop, it seems that it would be subjected to a lot of force when ever the bike is in a strain (i.e. dead starts, hills, etc.).

The upper sprocket is bolted on to the downtube by a collar. So far no issues with stopping or spinning! :wink:

fordsnake said:
The Renaissance Man said:
How did you mount the third sprocket?
With it being on the tension side of the loop, it seems that it would be subjected to a lot of force when ever the bike is in a strain (i.e. dead starts, hills, etc.).

The upper sprocket is bolted on to the downtube by a collar. So far no issues with stopping or spinning! :wink:

That's an important thing in the "Streets of San Francisco"!!! :p
Looking sharp as usual buddy!!

I finished with the fleurons on the seat...I can check that off as done.

Seat height is always a big deal with me...I like the look of a seat slammed down on the top tube of a parked bike, but I'm also a pragmatist and I want to enjoy my ride with a quick release height adjuster :D :D

Maybe there will be a hydraulic or linear actuated seat post in your future somewhere.

Like the led sleds turn off the ignition and throw the swich down to the ground it drops.

Hit the switch before riding and up comes the seatpost.

With the dummy hoses on this one maybe someone much clever than me can find a way later on.

One thing about this site there are some very fine multimedia artists amoungst you.

I'm finally done with my light...I can't tell you how many iterations I've done. Trying to make the one that compliments the overall bike without being a visual distraction. I finally settled on this pea sized light. I'm sorry I didn't take pics along the way, but I didn't have a clue as to the direction I was taking? The light housing is a used ceiling spotlight with the guts removed. The chrome bezel is a bathtub pipe bezel and the purple lens is an old Harley marker light.

Itnitially I was going with a clear lens, but then I thought about it... this is a Steampunk genre build, therefore I don't need a light...that's secondary. This pod is reserved as Reverberating Copperonizer; a weapon that can evaporated adverse threats upon impact with a bright purple light beam and a shower of sparks. ZAP!! 8)

Keeps getting better and better.
What do you make your "fleurons" out of anyway? It reminds me of cake icing, but way cooler!
Diggin your build!!!

Kroozerdave said:
Maybe there will be a hydraulic or linear actuated seat post in your future somewhere.

Like the led sleds turn off the ignition and throw the swich down to the ground it drops.

Hit the switch before riding and up comes the seatpost.

With the dummy hoses on this one maybe someone much clever than me can find a way later on.

One thing about this site there are some very fine multimedia artists amoungst you.

I love this idea...if I had the engineering skill set and a micro power source I would try to incorporate it into a build. I would love to see a hydraulic seat post, but also the front end articulate up and down? Now that would be sweet!

I'm a sucker for either Art Deco or steampunk (if it is not just adding a watch gear or goggles).

All of the items look like they actually serve a practical purpose -just not in the way we expect.

I love that you let your hair down with the light in the end and went with a self defense theme, last year rocket ships, this year steampunk.
Either of which could have had you build a ray gun and I'm glad you didn't.

I do wonder whether the items might appear in your stash for a future pirate build to go with the family costumes.

Today was a great day...it's my 65th Birthday and my wife treated me like a king; showered me with love and lots of gifts. I also received another gift (from myself) the final part for Remix, it arrived today. A set of late 30's Shelby's Airflow Speedline handlebars!!! The handlebars I originally was going with were too small for the "backward" art deco stem, these are much better for leg clearance, turning radius, and they certainly make a statement! Love 'em :D :D :D

Holy Cow!
What next? Front fender from a Bowden Space Lander? :p :mrgreen:
This build rocks!
Happy Birthday buddy!!

Happy Birthday!

This build becomes more sensational with each added component. The Bronze Age meets Art Deco....love it! 8)

fordsnake said:
Today was a great day...it's my 65th Birthday and my wife treated me like a king; showered me with love and lots of gifts. I also received another gift (from myself) the final part for Remix, it arrived today. A set of late 30's Shelby's Airflow Speedline handlebars!!! The handlebars I originally was going with were too small for the "backward" art deco stem, these are much better for leg clearance, turning radius, and they certainly make a statement! Love 'em :D :D :D

Happy birthday mate :D

Those handlebars are the schnizz 8) They look perfect on there.

I really love this bike :D

:shock: congrats for your win.....
oh yeah , and happy birthday too :wink:

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back