Remember customer service??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're younger than 30 you may have never heard of customer service. Well, most stores have a counter that says 'customer service' but they don't really know what customer service is. It's suppose to be a place where someone will help a customer with a problem.
I was just at Wal-Mart. I know that pretty much says it all... I bought a MoneyPac card because it's the easiest and fastest way for me to get money into my Paypal account. I got home and tried to scratch off the security bar over the number so I could go on line, enter it and finish putting the money in Paypal. The security bar would not come off without taking off most of the number with it. No number, no transaction. Back to Wal-Mart I go. At the customer service desk they knew the problem as soon as they saw me with the card in my hand. They said it's been happening with all the cards for months now!! Then they told me there's nothing they can do I have to go home and call MoneyPac and deal with them. I told them that if I buy a light bulb from them and it doesn't work I return it to them not to GE. They sold me a defective product THEY should take care of it. They said 'nope'. I then asked why they continue selling them if they know it's a headache for the customer. They said it's not their call, it's got to come from the top. Then I asked why they don't do the right thing and at least warn customers that they're having issues with the cards, then the customer can decide to take the chance or not. Once again they told me it's not their problem it's MoneyPacs. So I drive back home and get on the phone...

Now it gets real fun. The woman I have to talk to from MoneyPac barely speaks English. I asked a number of times to talk with someone else. Nope. After 45 minutes I'm told it will take them at least 4 hours to sort things out... maybe more. Please wait by the phone with a pen and paper for further instructions. They have a few hundred dollars of mine, some of which a fellow member here is waiting on. I get to spend the evening waiting by the phone.

I'm done ranting for now.[I only type with 2 fingers]

I have a seperate bank account linked to my paypal account. It's just for projects (or deployments) and I can put money in and take it out easily. I've never heard of MoneyPak, but if it's run through Wal Mart, I would be hesitant. Now after reading your story I'm dead set against it.

I remember about twenty years ago if you didn't have a receipt, no returns. No store credit, no store card nothing. So returns have gotten easier. But I am in retail now and we actually do a lot to right things with customers all day. In addition to groceries, we sell an assortment of gift cards, cash cards, phone cards , etc. I feel that if the security code were damaged on a card that I sold, I could call the company that the card represents, determine that the card balance is still there, have the card account number voided and refund the money minus any service charge imposed (if the card has such a charge associated). That is AT LEAST what I could do. One problem that exists now is that hypothetically, moneypac isn't moneypac, inc. That is a generalization, but many of these cards' services are "fueled " by another company. Ex: Moneypac, brought to you by XXXXX, inc. Hence the generic service center that hears which service you are having a problem with, turns to that page in the manual, and reads to you line one from the troubleshooting section. "Get customer off of phone; answer next call"

My son bought a bunch of those MoneyPak Greendot cards on line as Christmas presents for his nieces and nephews last year and some cards had the same problem, some didn't even work. He called the Walmart 800 number and they cancelled the cards then issued him a full refund. Maybe it just depends what mood the employee is in.

CUSTOMER SERVICE ONLY applies BRFORE they get your money. Once ANY place has your money..the burden is now on you NOT them. Kinda like the commercials with the guy that gives MORE to the customer that is NEWER to get you in the door. Same thing with using your debit card some place..the money comes OUT of your account instantly..to give you a credit back..it's " IT MAY TAKE UP TO 10 DAYS to get your money back sir"

As I said..people are only nice to you when theyWANT your money..when they have your money it seems you no longer mean as much. What would the world be like if it took 10 days for the money to come out of your account??? Kinda be cool huh??

I can remember when gas was 25 cents and nobody pumped it themself speed limits where 75 on most hi-ways
and you did not stop for the local cops in mississippi .. if i get good service i make sure to point it out these days..
if i get bad service i just leave..or cancell my order...

+1 on Crash's idea of a seperate checking account just for Paypal.
BofA gives me a free one if I direct deposit from my paycheck and maintain a $25 balance.
I dd $25 a week, and move it right back out every week online.
works for me.

Some of those customers get what they deserve. I had a lady come to my meat counter and special order an $80 beef tenderloin roast. I guess she had second thoughts 'cause she left it over with the toilet paper. It was found two hours later. I'm out the money.

Another customer brings some pork chops back, burnt to a froggin crisp, insisted that they were bad. 'Cause he can't cook, I'm out the money.

And so forth and so on.

Latest posts

Back