Red Menace Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JA331

Ride it like you stole it.
Pro Member
Reaction score
RM (002).jpg
RM (003).jpg

I purchased a Red Menace frame and fork kit a while ago from Paul at Atomic Cycles. I would really like to thank him for packing it so well so it made it to Australia without damage.
Most of the parts on this bike were destined for another build however the frame I was going to use was severely damaged during shipping.

I contemplated painting the frame black and white to replicate a prewar Schwinn straight bar but decided to leave it as is for now. I'm almost done, I just need to fit a chain and set up the brakes and gears. Would prefer some proper longhorn bmx bars for it but found these Electra bars online which work with a 7/8 stem. Tires are Electra Retrorunners. Will probably become my favourite ride this summer.

Last edited:
Sweet! The excellent parts choices you made on your build should make this a top notch cruiser. I have Red Menace forks on my 47' Higgins build and can attest to their good quality.

Thanks. Frame and fork quality are excellent. I also like that the fork has a little rake in it rather than the steerer being 180 degrees to the fork legs.

Latest posts

Back