Re: DRIFTWOOD 2: (Updated... Finaly.)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my 2nd year for the build off. I entered the build off last year with my bike "DRIFTWOOD". I loved building it, and had a blast talking with everybody, and seeing all the talent that everyone has!
The reason I'm naming this one "DRIFTWOOD 2" because I felt like I didn't fully complete my entry last year, I had some ideas that I didn't get a chance to implement, and I have some new ideas that I would like to try.
I also want to make this bike much more "ME" friendly. Since I will be the primary rider, I want to build a bike that is more "GO" than show. I went for looks last year instead of readability, so DRIFTWOOD 1 hardly ever gets ridden. (it does however look awesome in my living room!)

Now I just need to decide what frame to use....

bike1.jpg

This is DRIFTWOOD 1 From last years build off.

Re: DRIFTWOOD 2: DRIFT HARDER

tin machine said:
thats a cool bike , some how i didn't see it last year , looks very ridable , what are you using for a frame this year ??

Thanks, it is rideable, but I'm a big guy, and it's not comfortable for long rides, it looks cool cruising down the street, but its hard to look cool when your struggling to go up a small hill!

I just posted some pics of bikes I have in my basement begging to get built! I just need to pick one!

I'm partial to the crusty one...so many cool things you could do with that...love the straight bars. Nice to have more than one to work with...good luck! Loved the woodwork on last year's build.

p00r0ldlu said:
I'm partial to the crusty one...so many cool things you could do with that...love the straight bars. Nice to have more than one to work with...good luck! Loved the woodwork on last year's build.

Thanks man! I'm leaning towards that one too! Its already cool, I would hate to mess it up!

I liked your bike last year...
As far as frame choice... I think frame #2 says " Driftwood " the most...
But I Do Love Flightliners and Spaceliners...
Good Luck... Have Fun

whoinphx said:
I liked your bike last year...
As far as frame choice... I think frame #2 says " Driftwood " the most...
But I Do Love Flightliners and Spaceliners...
Good Luck... Have Fun

I just picked up a beautiful spaceliner the other day that is begging to be ratted... I need to sleep on it.

i REALLY dig that bike. great job on the woodwork! i can't wait to see the 2nd edition!

You guys do know that Sequels are never as good as the first one right? I'm setting myself up for failure aren't I? :mrgreen:

erichitscar said:
You guys do know that Sequels are never as good as the first one right? I'm setting myself up for failure aren't I? :mrgreen:

I'm just glad you named it "Drift Harder" instead of "Wood Harder." :?

yoothgeye said:
erichitscar said:

I'm just glad you named it "Drift Harder" instead of "Wood Harder." :?

HAHAHAHAH!!

streetpirate said:
just don't build the first one, last thing I need is competition working with the same frame!

You don't want competition in a bike building competition? :mrgreen:

Eric, loved your build last year. If I follow through with my wooden water ski banana seat idea, It will be a good comparision to yours.

So what's up, any progress?

Yo Eric!!!!! Have you finished scouring the beach for the wood you need for this build??

We need an update on whatznu on your build. Driftwood 1 was awesome last year and we want to know what's in store for the next 50+ days.

You get the Driftwood Bunny Back Page Bump, so use it wisely and show us somtehing!!!!

20110807-222146.jpg

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but this spring/summer is my busiest time for me, so carving out some build time comes far too little... :cry:
Anywhoo. I plan on wrenching on it some this week and hopefully posting some pictures for you all. I have my frame stripped down, and a few of my parts arrived that I had to order off the internet came! :mrgreen: Thanks for all the love!

kingfish254 said:
Yo Eric!!!!! Have you finished scouring the beach for the wood you need for this build??

We need an update on whatznu on your build. Driftwood 1 was awesome last year and we want to know what's in store for the next 50+ days.

You get the Driftwood Bunny Back Page Bump, so use it wisely and show us somtehing!!!!

20110807-222146.jpg

Thanks Kingfish, I hope I don't let you down... :mrgreen:

Hey Eric, we miss ya man!
Just posted your BO6 bike in the BO7 Discussion thread.
G
T
B

kingfish254 said:
Hey Eric, we miss ya man!
Just posted your BO6 bike in the BO7 Discussion thread.
G
T
B

Thanks man! I miss being on here and seeing all the incrediable tallent! I have a lot of work ahead of me, and trust me, I'm going to keep you all posted!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back