Ratty Raleigh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think straight tube bikes need ratty love to.

My mid 70's Raleigh 10speed with 700C wheels, a mid 50's SA 3speed hub, flipped bars from a kids bike and a leather seat. Meaty tires give a great ride and sporty position allows me to scare pedestrians and cut through traffic. Still working out bugs, and then new paint! I am thinking flat black with red on the lugs.

P1010070.jpg
P1010069.jpg

Nice flask!!!! And flask holder. That bike looks like a great commuter. You are right, any bike can become a rat.

ive got a couple those seats around they sure look good all shined up!

wow sometimes on here its like people are in your head! lol I have a black 1963 hercules (raliegh made) that I was planning on doing exactly the same thing. to have as a daily driver .. i think it looks great as is personally :)

paint

I am glad that everyone thinks the bike looks good as is, but the pictures make it look better than it is in person. There are loads of scratches and dings and the beginings of rust in places. At the very least I need to sand out the rust and protect the metal. I would like to unify the fork and frame. but I am not interested in a perfect paint. Something rough and tumble suits me better. Has anyone used the hammered finish paints?

Latest posts

Back