RaTsberry Buffet ....What's cookin' ?....pg 9

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed you got a bit of "silvering" on your decals. There are solvents made for softening the decals and allows them to conform to the surface. I use Microset and Microsol.

You apply Microset to the surface before applying the decal, and Microsol after you apply it.

I noticed you got a bit of "silvering" on your decals. There are solvents made for softening the decals and allows them to conform to the surface. I use Microset and Microsol.

You apply Microset to the surface before applying the decal, and Microsol after you apply it.
Thanks for the tip. I might try to clean those up today. They were kind of a whim, wasn't sure I would keep the seat white, but I like how they 'class up' the build a little; and the white seat does that too for me.

I was thinking about a black seat, so it had a little 'darker' or 'tougher' look to it. What do people think of this:

RatSberry black seat.jpg

I've been toying with coloring the seat black, or maybe a dark purple, maybe some sparkle in it....let me know your thoughts builders!

I'm debating on maybe coloring the seat. The white is very 'classy' looking, but is definitely an accent color; nothing other than the pinstripe decals is white.

Here are a couple of options, along with the black above.

RaTsberry Berry

RaTsberry berry seat.jpg

Try to get it close, if not exact, to the frame color.

RaTsberry Harvest Grape

RaTsberry harvest grape.jpg

^ Going for a complement to the original grips.

I actually do like the black seat idea.... and photoshop!!!

You’ve definitely got time to spare; if you want to get crazy, do your seat in black and smoke all the chrome.
Jude, you really landed on an idea I originally had; smoked chrome or black chrome. Now that you have brought it up, I'm really tempted to do that. It might really separate this bike from the more traditional chromed muscle bikes. Thanks!:thumbsup:

The one problem I have, is our days are numbered for being able to do any painting from here on out. Today is 60's , but drops to low '50s tomorrow through the week, with lows in the high '30s. Those temps don't allow paint to cure very well.

But I'm super intrigued by the idea! :inlove:

The crazy guy standing in left field says, "what about a silver seat cover to match the shifter and chain guard?"
If I keep the chrome as is, I def like that idea too Matti! Maybe through a little sparkle in it as well?

Jude, you really landed on an idea I originally had; smoked chrome or black chrome. Now that you have brought it up, I'm really tempted to do that. It might really separate this bike from the more traditional chromed muscle bikes. Thanks!:thumbsup:

The one problem I have, is our days are numbered for being able to do any painting from here on out. Today is 60's , but drops to low '50s tomorrow through the week, with lows in the high '30s. Those temps don't allow paint to cure very well.

But I'm super intrigued by the idea! :inlove:
I’m in upstate NY and can definitely sympathize with you on the cold weather hampering builds!!!

That’s why I’m painting now!!!!

I have done a makeshift paint booth / area in my garage for parts during winter which has worked well.

I’d keep all paint and parts in house at room temperature. Keep them close to heat to get them as warm as possible.

I’d pull them out, spray in the garage, (about 45-50 degrees) and let them sit for about an hour or two. I’d pull the parts in and let them complete drying in my basement with dehumidifier running for a few days. Worked fine.

Biggest hassle was moving or covering stuff I didn’t want to risk getting overspray on. But it worked pretty good.

Personally, I'd never dream of putting a white seat on a boys/mens "muscle bike", unless... it was extreme in it's muscularity in every other way.
But different stroke, right.

My vote. The black matches the frame accents and blends well with the bike as a whole, as opposed to standing out on it's own.
Looks great!, I think.

Maybe a two-tone, black top with ratsberry sides, or black sides with ratsberry on top.

I like the white seat. If it was mine, I would add white grips to match the seat.

But it's not my build, so my opinion doesn't mean much.

Personally, I'd never dream of putting a white seat on a boys/mens "muscle bike", unless... it was extreme in it's muscularity in every other way.
But different stroke, right.

My vote. The black matches the frame accents and blends well with the bike as a whole, as opposed to standing out on it's own.
Looks great!, I think.

Maybe a two-tone, black top with ratsberry sides, or black sides with ratsberry on top.
I like the two-tone idea! Now you've got me thinking.

I like the white seat. If it was mine, I would add white grips to match the seat.

But it's not my build, so my opinion doesn't mean much.
Opinions always matter! With that, the grips are original, so they will stay. Something about all the hands that have grabbed those grips to guide this bike through history, I just have to keep them (ala my "Helen Wheels" build this past summer).

I like the two-tone idea! Now you've got me thinking.
I've been planning to build some ichi style seats out of a skateboard and a snowboard....whenever I get around to it.

I like that style of seat with the quilted top and smooth sides. And it would lend itself well to a two-tone scheme.

Of course you could always go with the racing stripes down the top also.

I like the white seat [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White seat is ok if that's what you want...
Black seat looks more like a Muscle Bike.
That frame is crying out for dual rear brakes too. I've seen it done before and it looks the best on one of those Spaceliners.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back