RaTsberry Buffet ....Southern hospitality!...pg 8

Discussion in 'CLASS 1 - MUSCLE BIKE 2019 BUILD JOURNALS' started by OddJob, Oct 1, 2019.

1. OddJob

OddJob

Perfect. I just looked on the map. An hour from the ocean. An hour from the mountain skiing. It doesn't get much better than that. Now throw in a reasonable cost of living, and you've got it made. :nod:

RustyGold likes this.
  2. RustyGold

RustyGold

Also...an hour from a 'big city', and around three hours from the desert. Surrounded by temperate rain forest and oak savanna. Practically paradise.

Politics, cost of living, and housing market bring it back to reality. The Willamette Valley often has one of the highest pollen counts in the world...and my tolerance for said pollens is less every year :wondering:.

OddJob likes this.
  3. sandman

sandman

I have problems with Florida pollens also. An old wives tale is too eat local honey to help combat this . Don't laugh but I think it helps ! Is it time to eat another peanut butter and honey sandwich ?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    OddJob and RustyGold like this.
  4. OddJob

OddJob

We have some pollen issues here as well. I did note that Eugene looked like it was about equidistant from you too. I was in Bend many years ago with college students on a Habitat for Humanity trip. Might be time for another trip out, I know my wife has never been to the Northwest.

RustyGold likes this.
  5. OddJob

OddJob

We have the same local legend here. Our neighbor two houses away, and one of my co-workers at the bike shop are both beekeepers. So we trade services / favors for honey frequently! Not sure how effective it is, but the honey sure tastes good!

RustyGold and sandman like this.
  6. RustyGold

RustyGold

If it was several years ago that you were in Bend...its a whole new unrecognizable place now. Hipster paradise mixed in with a large population of California retirees. My kids love it (Hipsters), my wife loves it...I tolerate it from a distance :grin:.

7. OddJob

OddJob

It was starting the hipster vibe when I was there. Mid-'90s. There was a coffee shop downtown with overstuffed old furniture, a small music stage, that sort of thing. My hipster (before the term was coined) college students (and me, actually) hung out there; it reminded us of home. :wink1:

I had brought my mt bike strapped to the back of our 15 passenger van for some down time. Rode some cool trails along a river, low hills on the edge of town. One of the girls on that trip bought a used mt bike at a thrift store and joined me. I think she still has that bike!

SpikeFC and RustyGold like this.
  8. OddJob

OddJob

What's a visit to Savannah, GA without meeting RRB royalty @Dr. Tankenstein and @kingfish254 and Queenfish for dinner?!

Southern hospitality at it's best!

received_435015954082263.jpeg

9. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster) Pro Member

^Super stars. :D Where's Nurse Tankenstein? Operating the camera?

OddJob likes this.
  10. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

She was on Tybee Island on a girls weekend, so I was operating solo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

b50eb97a80b13a1c364015479be417e8.jpg
    who's taking the picture?

12. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

The waiter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OddJob likes this.
  13. Falstaff

Falstaff

This was my favorite part about living in Oregon.

RustyGold likes this.