RATS in the Capital ?!? 8)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the 2 evil rat genuises of eastern Ontario decided to hook up and go for a tour. Pete and I, along with our sons, met up downtown for the first time yesterday. Almost immediately we began plotting how to rat-ify the town. :D
We will be looking for some input as to how to start up an informal rat riding club, basically. It seems that most of us are individualistic personalities, we like doing our own things to our bikes without being concerned what anyone else thinks, am I right?
So, how do you get ahold of, or get the word out to, a bunch of people like that?
Anyway, while I spent the early part of the morning farting around, Pete was busily hitting garage sales, scooping up all kinds of neat stuff, but thats for him to share with y'all :shock: I can say just before we met up, I spotted a guy driving a station wagon with what looked to be a sears 20' musclebike on the roof. The light was changing as I caught up, turns out he had just scored it at a garage sale!
Anywhoo, heres a couple pics, we were too busy riding to do much in the way of photo ops;
Pete's rides;
PICT0045.jpg

PICT0047_1.jpg

my rides;
PICT0046_1.jpg

On parliament hill @ the centennial flame;
PICT0044_1.jpg

We'd ride and stop, shoot the breeze for a while, then repeat. Can't remember how many times various people would stop by and ask questions, make comments, ect..
Pete had to split after about 4 hours or so, and we didn't quite feel like packing it it just then, so Michael and I rolled around some more.

Shhhhhhhh maybe if we're really really quiet, it will walk right over us and keep going!!!!!!!!!
PICT0050_1.jpg

Picked up some supper and took a break at the peacekeepers monument after the close call.
PICT0049.jpg

On our way back to the bus stop, we ran into a couple of other guys, one on a lowrider, and the other on a custom (no pics sorry) turns out they're interested in some casual rat riding also. Spent the good part of an hour yakking, then begain the journey home.
Then, this nice little nor'wester decides to blow in, packing nearly 60mph winds, heavy rain, the works;
http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090425/OTT_weathr_090425/20090426/?hub=OttawaHome
We were waiting on the bus in the downtown core, and looking westward between the high rises, and could see it coming up the street towards us, an almost cyclonic dust cloud full of debris, so we ducked into the bus shelter to escape the brunt. Even after the bus got there and I loaded up the bikes, the fun continued, as our bus had to detour downed power lines. When we reached our transfer point, we waited over an hour in vain for our next buses, as they either had no bike racks or were already full. We were already pretty much wet by then, and not being set up for a night ride, walked the rest of the way, observing the uprooted trees, blown down signs and traffic signals.
So,umm, ya. What a day ! Let's hope the next adventure's ..well, a little less adventuresome :wink:
Rick

IT was a good day I just got back from picking up my his and hers vintage raligh touring bikes in dust covered original condition pics soon. If there are anymore riders around the Ottawa area let us know we can meet up.

Latest posts

Back