BO15 RaTs GaSs...Great year all!...pg 26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That gass capp is perfect and the lights really came out great!
Digging the seat too. Much better than the white.
Keep on rolling brother!

Definitely use a clear over the flex seal. It likes to stay tacky otherwise. But the texture of it is like a faux leather look, really durable too!
What kind of clear coat? Flex Seal clear, or regular spray paint?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That seat looks amazing! What is this magic product you use for that? Share, share!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soul-G, it' Flex Seal black in a spray can. Goes a really long ways. Put it on lightly, in a couple coats; even more lightly than reg spray paint. It is thick and comes out in droplets almost. Let dry over night and then coat with a couple coats of clear.
flex_seal_black_liquid_rubber_spray.jpg

It's durable, water proof, and has a great texture that looks like a faux leather.

What kind of clear coat? Flex Seal clear, or regular spray paint?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It's Rustoleum Universal Clear in the Dead Flat. Don't get the gloss, it's way too shiny.
100529421_2550159228577317_7119097194371612672_n.jpg

Soul-G, it' Flex Seal black in a spray can. Goes a really long ways. Put it on lightly, in a couple coats; even more lightly than reg spray paint. It is thick and comes out in droplets almost. Let dry over night and then coat with a couple coats of clear.
View attachment 121947

It's durable, water proof, and has a great texture that looks like a faux leather.
So, not ONLY does it repair boats, it also finishes bicycle seats! They should add that to their adds.

Try to imagine the front fender without its rear part. Only the front part from the fork to the end of the fender. Like an enduro motorbike.

But then it would look more like an enduro motorbike. It's a gasser car, in bicycle mode.

RaTs GaSs build Day #25

Sometimes you have to take the long route. On our trip up to the campsite this weekend, my son and I encountered some construction, which is normal in our shortened road work season here in the north country. It wasn't bad, as we got to take some of the back roads we hadn't been on for awhile. It gave us a renewed perspective of that beautiful lake country in NW Wisconsin where we've been hanging out for 31 yrs now.

100369081_954313525028907_6283931470700478464_n.jpg

100679403_846646095829901_3196313188509417472_n.jpg

^ Mood setters^

So, after trying a few different options with that 'space' in the main triangle of my RG frame, I finally came around to a solution that I really like. On my shopping trip to gather supplies for our setting up of camp, I ran across a couple of items in the aisles, and the idea formulated from there. The first was a Cold Air Panel used to access your forced air conditioning system.
20200525_091124.jpg

The second item was one I had used before, only not exactly the way they were intended. I had purchased these stainless steel zip ties previously for my Mesa Buggie Wuggie build in the winter of 2017. Of course, I was only building 'rusty' bikes then, so I had to RaT-ina the stainless steel to make it fit the build. As @LukeTheJoker said when he saw my post of those,

"Rusting stainless steel? Any other forum in the world and you would get laughed at... "

rusty zip ties.jpg

The ones for RaTs GaSs will stay shiny, of course.

20200525_103122.jpg

I was able to cut two pieces out of the Cold Air panel, and then used my tried and true 3M Super Adhesive spray to bond them together to get a rigid single piece.

20200525_091140.jpg
20200525_102156.jpg

For test purposes, I used some nylon ties to mock up the GaSs hole panel , and took it to a local park for a test ride to ensure it's stability and 'no vibration' status. Worked like a charm!

20200525_121516.jpg
20200525_121446.jpg

The moral of the story is, sometimes we have to change our perspective to see things from another point of view.

One of the things I love to do is go to flea markets and see what other people find as treasures. This winter, we happened upon a couple of different ones in Mesa. The first stop we found some 'Arizona style' type decor that we really liked. We had set out with some cash at the beginning of the day, because a number of these vendors only deal in the green stuff.

On our way home after lunch we spotted a flea set up in the parking lot of a local antique dealers emporium. After the brakes cooled down and the rubber skid marks stopped steaming in the noon-day heat of the desert sun, we found ourselves parked and embarking on another journey down memory lane.

At my 2nd or 3rd table, I found a few trinkets that were interesting. But not quite what I was looking for yet. Then, there it was. Stuck among 13 different sizes of adjustable wrenches, was this hippy icon from the '70s: the Bare Foot dimmer switch pedal!
View attachment 121093

I had seen the larger Bare Foot gas pedal before, but never it's little nephew. Right away I knew I had to have it. As I reached for my wallet, it occurred to me that I was way short on cash from our previous stop. With a nod of friendliness, and a humble "What do you need for this?" I put myself in the dealer's hands.
"Two bucks aughta cover it," came the reply.
"Well, that's good, because two bucks is all I've got," I said jokingly, and we both smiled.

My fellow six-string strummer @GuitarlCarl is widely known for his custom kickstand designs. As soon as I had this in my hand, I knew what I was going to use it for; BO Build's kickstand.

Today it's raining cats and dogs, so I'm back in the garage with RaTs GaSs and putting together the kustom kicker. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story....
View attachment 121098View attachment 121097View attachment 121094View attachment 121096View attachment 121095

View attachment 121099
View attachment 121101
This is so epic. Super nice touch And detail.

Latest posts

Back