"RATS-ALT"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RATS-ALT" (NEW LINES)

My 2p would be for the low extra tubes. Bikes looking great, you're pushing things with the extra tubes.

Like the extra tube but feel the top curved one needs more of a curve. Maybe start it just under the double tubes and curve it down???

Oh yeah, now I see it. The picture didn't convey that. Next time have a short person take the picture. :lol:

Looks great! (and I really I mean it this time!) :mrgreen:

stocksucks said:
Lookin really good.
It's a shame you'll never be able to ride it as fast as she wants to.
:lol: :lol: I don't plan on riding it at all...I'm 58yrs. old, 6ft, 240lbs., with one titanium knee and arthritis in the other one, pins in my shoulder, need I say more. :lol: ....But a THIN person around 5'8" tall can ride it very well....If I just made bikes that fit ME, the cool factor would just not be there. :D

g-ratter said:
Like the extra tube but feel the top curved one needs more of a curve. Maybe start it just under the double tubes and curve it down???

Not a bad idea. I'll have to add one with "paint" and see how it looks. THANKS!

ej599 said:
Oh yeah, now I see it. The picture didn't convey that. Next time have a short person take the picture. :lol:

Looks great! (and I really I mean it this time!) :mrgreen:
Thanks Doug, I REALLY appreciate your opinion...Really. :roll: :lol:

stocksucks said:
Manjust because youre a big guy that does-nt mean you cannot ride'em. Make the bikes bigger, throw in an engine, have'em throwin flames!
That bike screams speed. It's one #$LL of a ride.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...THANKS

irzouts said:
Maybe closer to the front tire ?
006B.jpg
My great Grandfather in Hopkinton MA had almost the exact thing but different wheels. They had an Ox pull it and they would dig furrows for potatoes with it.

:shock:

GL :lol: :D :) :? :roll: :wink: 8)

Graylock, You're absolutely right!! Just confirms my "theory": There are no NEW ideas. Everything has already been thought of by someone, somewhere. We just apply them to different applications....I'm not changing the name to the "Potatoe Plow", so those tubes are gone, banished to the back of the shelf.....I'm breaking the bike down and preparing it for paint.
Graylock, THANKS for the honesty....Whenever we rode, I often wondered why you had that "pin" stuck in your hat. I didn't know it was to burst my bubble. :roll: :lol:

cman said:
PAINT????? I like it as is, sans the potato plow. :wink:
I might not paint the frame....But all the primered parts are gonna be painted CANDY APPLE-TANGERINE-EMERALD GREEN....In other words the same color as the headlight. :roll:

KOTA said:
cman said:
I might not paint the frame....But all the primered parts are gonna be painted CANDY APPLE-TANGERINE-EMERALD GREEN....In other words the same color as the headlight. :roll:

YES!!! Best pile of news I had in a long time!!! :D
I guess it´ll be a long walk to the States, but a great ride back (lock your doors Kota, I´m stealing the Rats-ALT) :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:

KOTA said:
cman said:
Satin?

ej599 said:
KOTA said:
cman said:
Satin?
FAAALAAT!

KOTA said:
....Whenever we rode, I often wondered why you had that "pin" stuck in your hat. I didn't know it was to burst my bubble. :roll: :lol:

exit-01.jpg

I found that pin on the ground when I was out biking with the Pug on the original two wheeled Pug Bike. I always thought it was an omen of some kind so I stuck it to the brim of my hat. Years later I'm finding it's true purpose. I was thinking of removing it from my hat but now I realize I'll only lose my powers in doing so.

The potato plow looks cool and you should keep it. Besides you won't have to worry, plowing season is over and all the potatoes are in :wink: .

Graylock

Re: "RATS-ALT" (colors)

Haven't touched this thing in two weeks. I decided not to add the extra tubes. After staring and staring, I just didn't see it adding "enough" to the bike. Besides, I really didn't want to paint the frame. Tubes were going to be made out of conduit and you could NEVER get any patina out of that (leave conduit outside for ten years and still looks the same). So with the deadline approaching fast, it's time to finish up. Fork and headlight are painted. I found two cans of primer in the back of all my paint cans, so these are the two colors that will be used....The frame will be burned with a propane torch and scuffed with a 3M scotch pad, and a combo of the gray and green primer will be used on everything else.

005-21.jpg

Latest posts

Back