"RATS-ALT"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RATS-ALT" (frame burned)

kingfish254 said:
I like the fancy frame stand you made there for your burning! :shock:
And everybody thought it was a rear rack. NOPE, it's a launch pad!

Pic is deceiving, frame is more like a raw metal, than brownish.

KOTA said:
kingfish254 said:
I like the fancy frame stand you made there for your burning! :shock:
And everybody thought it was a rear rack. NOPE, it's a launch pad!

Pic is deceiving, frame is more like a raw metal, than brownish.

I burned a frame once, but it was an accident! Burn pile got away from me. Lookin awesome so far! 8)

KOTA: Stay away from the rear rack/launch pad! :lol: :lol:

Somehow this makes fancy paint, decals, carefully conceived artificial patina, and maybe even real patina, all seem ordinary...

I like it!
But I like to play with fire and blow things up too :wink:

Re: "RATS-ALT" (painted)

Well here's the paint scheme, I think it's subtle, not flashy. I have to re-do the rear fender, paint peeled because I took the tape off to soon (idiot). It's all primer with a coat of flat clear.
002-48.jpg

HEY KOTA!! NICE BIKE DUDE. KILLER. I'VE GOT THAT FRAME,THAT TANK,THAT FENDER AND THAT LIGHT. GUESS WHAT MY NEXT BUILD IS ?!? :mrgreen: NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!!

Jake Sensi said:
HEY KOTA!! NICE BIKE DUDE. KILLER. I'VE GOT THAT FRAME,THAT TANK,THAT FENDER AND THAT LIGHT. GUESS WHAT MY NEXT BUILD IS ?!? :mrgreen: NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!!
Hey Jake, now you got the whole idea behind this build, simple.....No "special" parts. Frame is a jc higgins. Tank and chainguard came from a Murray Fliteliner (RU Slammed), along with fork (sterling road bike) made for that bike. Bars are from a Schwinn Bantam. Fork supports and rear rack(?) from two Spaceliner racks. And a generic light that keeps bouncing from bike to bike....Everybody has these parts. Next pics will be finished pics. :roll:

KOTA said:
Jake Sensi said:
Hey Jake, now you got the whole idea behind this build.....No "special" parts. (RU to :roll:
HEY WAS THAT A SHOT?!? :lol: GTB PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
HEY WAS THAT A SHOT?!? :lol: GTB PEACE

NO, NO...Just saying, you can have fun on the "cheap". :lol: I'd be honored if you did a build after one of my bikes. :wink:

I'M HONORED THAT YOU CRUISE MY SITE. THAT" SECRET WEAPON " WAS IN THE CLOSEOUT SECTION AT ROSS.( YEAH I'M CHEAP TO )THAT'S PART OF BEING A RATTER. NOW IF I CAN LEARN TO BEND FORKS LIKE YOU I'VE GOT A COUPLE TEST SUBJECTS THAT ARE GETTING BENT!! PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
YEAH I'M CHEAP, THAT'S PART OF BEING A RATTER.

I might steal this line for my sig.

Kota, the paint may be muted, but it works perfectly with this bike.
There is definitely nothing subtle about the styling you have done with this build.
I can't wait to see it assembled now.

kota this is one of those paint jobs that just works. well done u got one of my votes for sure. a proper rat for sure and probably my fav bike this year in the build off.

karfer67 said:
kota this is one of those paint jobs that just works. well done u got one of my votes for sure. a proper rat for sure and probably my fav bike this year in the build off.
In my Elvis voice: "Well, Thank you, Thank you very much. :lol:
With all the pinstriping going on and UNBELIEVABLE fabrication, you guys are forcing me to go (stay) "old" school....But that's what I like anyway. :D I am dumbfounded at many of these builds. Louvered fenders, hammered copper and cast aluminum tanks, double wide rims, extended dropouts, skate board seats and of course all the NEW forks and fork designs, exotic frames, the list goes on and on. Karfer I appreciate your vote...No matter where this bike finishes, I'll be proud just to say: I was a "participant" in RRBBO6....THANKS!

Oh yeah!.. Just finished re-painting my back fender. Now if I can just let the paint dry this time. :roll:

That is SWEET :D I like this paint scheme a little better than mine :wink: Wanna trade bikes :wink: :lol:

Re: "RATS-ALT" (FINISHED)

This is it. My daughter-in-law has better camera equipment, and photo knowledge, than me. So, she'll take some pics for me this weekend. But here's a pic of what it looks like done....THANKS everybody for all the fun I had in this thread.

003-23.jpg

Re: "RATS-ALT" (FINISHED)

HEY KOTA!! WELL DONE!! THIS BIKE WORKS TOP TO BOTTOM. IF YOU CAN IMAGINE YOURSELF RIDING SOMEONES BIKE THEN THEY'VE DONE A GOOD JOB. YOU CAN DROP IT OFF IN PHILLY ANYTIME :mrgreen: . I JUST KNOW THE PICS ARE GONNA BE GREAT. THANKS FOR YA INSIGHT THROUGHOUT MY BUILD ALSO. IT'S MILLER TIME BUDDY !! DON'T WORRY I'LL SEE YA ON THE FINISHED PAGE. NOW... GET TA CHILLIN'!! PEACE

Latest posts

Back