Ratphoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a bike I built out of spare parts. It all came together well to be thrown together. Started with a bare Typhoon frame, forks and chainguard, added crusty S2 rims, wide whites, Mag chain ring, old style spring seat, ten speed stem, wide handle bars, crusty grips, massaged out the front forks (big pipe and vice) for a stance, and topped it off with a working delta light. What do ya think?
rattyphoon2.jpg

rattyphoon3.jpg

typhoon6.jpg

With the fork mod its actually low enough to use the pedal as a kickstand. Had to also remove the kickstand and use the same "massage" method on it as well so that it could be used again. Yes you can send sparks when turning. :D

I'm gonna have to try that job on the forks. I don't have a vise, but I have a 275 lb. Irishman
that would help for the piddly price of a pint of Guiness.

carolina rat said:
With the fork mod its actually low enough to use the pedal as a kickstand. Had to also remove the kickstand and use the same "massage" method on it as well so that it could be used again. Yes you can send sparks when turning. :D
I did that...without "massage"-ing the forks

i just slapped a 20 on the front and went away

crash91 said:
I'm gonna have to try that job on the forks. I don't have a vise, but I have a 275 lb. Irishman
that would help for the piddly price of a pint of Guiness.
Here is a pic of another set of forks I "massaged". I done these a little different, started close to the steertube and bent alittle, then moved out a little with the pipe and bent more, and continued doing this untill at the end of the fork to get a natural bend along the length of the forks. I will get together a gallery view of this bike. The fork is not tightend to the frame, this is why you see a gap between them. The key is to bend it below the steer tube so it still rotates freely. This does make it a little aqward to ride, sort of like a set of bent springer forks on a lowrider bike but not as bad. I totaly got used to it in no time. Caution I would try this on a pratice set of forks first, and only on blade style forks unless you use a conduit bender on hollow forks. 8)
Picture3103.jpg

GTCOMA said:
do you apply heat before the massage? It looks great, but I don't know if I could bring myself to do it.
I used no heat just dont bend it all in one spot, heat kills natural patina. Natural patina there is nothing better. Cant make any promisses but mine hasnt broke and i am at 205 pounds.

I LOVE THIS BIKE! Nicest one ive seen in awhile. Im doing the same thing to my spitfire forks. NICE WORK.

Latest posts

Back