Ratimus Prime * class II

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
Dig the new look on Alien Fire. This bike is cool too. Always love looking at your bikes.
Thanks man. I pulled the banana seat off a while back. Cracked the bottom bracket too so I gotta get my welder out. But I love the way the ALiEN rides. The geometry is good it cruises nice and has 5 gears so it'll do hills and outrun dogs. I've been working on extra lighting for it, now it has the tube lighting in the rear wheel in red. I'm probably going to get a red tire and and LED valve stem for the front. It already has funky LED tail lighting and the plasma ball headlight. The Chicago TailDraggers do a winter Zoo ride and I'm hoping I'll have it rolling and lit up by then...my battery pack was in the headrest...

Carl.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
The underslung is rat-rodier'n all get out! Do you have a link to the build section where you fabbed this up, Carl? Must have been before my time....

Cut down the fork. Couldn't deal with the spacer on top. What to do with the hole? Solved with the classic solution.

Carl.
I've welded a coin on top of the steer tube nut, but why haven't I ever thought to just put it inside!? Simple, and looks clean. I suspect I overthink things sometimes. Just because I can weld, doesn't mean it's always the best solution.

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
The extra bit of frame welded on allows for a 26 inch back tire but still used the original brake bridge.

I tapped the fender brackets on the rear dropouts 1/4-20 then used fender washers to hold the sissy bar in place. Ain't pretty but it is rat.

So until and if I find a shifter, it's in third gear. But that's okay it's nice for cruisin'.

Carl.

Last edited:
The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles