RAT ROD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
chromedome said:
Newb here. Where do we post our bike pics ? :?:
i have a Schwinn heavy duti refurbed . I'd like to post the before and after process.
Is there a part like on bmxmuseum where i can just post my stuff in my profile ??
thanks

RIDE YER BIKE :)

No image storage on the site, just use a free online utility like photobucket.com then you can copy the image code from there and paste it in here.

I work at a bike store and have seen many bikes, but your bikes are by the the most creative and beautiful works of art. I am an artist by trade, and a designer. I love all your bikes.

Pink Fink

Re: RAT ROD AND INTRODUCING MYSELF

Thank you Rat Rod.

Hope this is the way to introduce myself. I am a WOO, aka as a WISE, WEARY< WACKY< OR WICKED (Take your pick) Old One. I have been biking or triking for 70 years. One of my baby pictures ia me on my first trke. Balance problems kicked me my two wheeler.

Moved to Colorado to be a Grannykat to my expected grandson and my husband and I want to take advantage of the many biking trails around here. So I decided an electric trike was the way for me to go. Bought a Folding Electric Three Speed Porto-bike. Looks great, but big problem. Can't find a mechanic who can help put it together.

Sigh, have found two who showed some interest but then backed off. I also have to say that in perusing the directions and starting the basic stuff, found the lack of an overall picture or diagram annoying--basic stuff. Even several promised pictures were not to be found. I am not a mechanic, but can do simple things--have put together kids' bikes, computers and lots of IKEA furniture.

Asked some questions from customer service--emails ignored and the mechanic we talked to was only moderately helpful. The back basket calls for four screws but the permanent strip is misapplied and only three screws will work. "Only needs two" was the retort. I will stop my whine.

I am really here in the hopes someone in the group lives in the Denver Area of Colorado and feels they can help me out. Very willing to pay--don't have an easy way to transport the trike to a bike store and would rather put the money in an individual's pocket than on a store's balance sheet.

So as my mother used to say "That's the story Morning Glory." Now should I post the same thing on the How to or another Forum.

Again thank you for doing this.

What a cool forum, just signed up from Northern Illinois. Thanks for providing this Rat Rod!

this is my first post, so why not to the creator!

Thank you for a well designed and organized site! As far as forums are concerned, I frequent a lot of VW related sites and have noticed that VW peeps seem to have a pairing to bikes as well. I've always loved piecing bikes together from different bikes when I was younger. It was always looked down by my friends as they always had new bikes every year for Christmas! I've always gravitated to BMXs and skateboards but now that I'm older I've come to appreciate the older vintage bikes.

I've been lurking this site on and off now for over 4 years but never signed up and decided...why not today! :lol: I enjoy the atmosphere in which everyone conducts themselves. Everyone is very supportive even if the design or idea doesn't fit their likings. The fact that no one curses is a plus! This is a site I can have my girls read and possibly partake in.

Congrats RAT ROD on such a great site. I've read your early posting on what you expected from this site and I think it still keeping to its roots as well as growing with the times.

Ramsey

ramzrod said:
The fact that no one curses is a plus! This is a site I can have my girls read and possibly partake in.

Congrats RAT ROD on such a great site. I've read your early posting on what you expected from this site and I think it still keeping to its roots as well as growing with the times.

Ramsey

Ramsey, Welcome!

This is a very friendly forum and everyone will get real excited when they learn you are a VW guy, lots of them around (and wannabes). This is a great place to get your kid involved and build cool bikes. Enjoy! I know I have, this place keeps inspiring me to keep on building and pushing the envelope.

this is a cool forum,thank you for this site...love the creativity,and passion people put in their bikes...thank you for approving...hope to share some of my work...

hey bike lovers, I am from N.W. ohio and have been collecting bikes for years. I have several schwinns and a few columbia bikes. I am currently seeking a spiegel airman and would like to trade for one. Get at me if you have one or know someone who does. thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back