Rat Rod pickup... but pedal powered!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that VW makes me cry.

why are you waiting on chinese fittings? parker stores carry everything you could want as do many other rod and minitruck websites.

As I live in a small (80k pop) city I aways try to buy local first and then use ebay as a backup plan. Items ordered from China usually arrive here before the US ones, go figure. Besides, these guys are likely the original maufacturer :roll:

I hope my buggy makes you cry in a good way. Looking forward to getting back to work on it this winter after finishing the fab on the bike.

OCD said:
Wow, that's the lowest rad rod style bug I've seen yet. The only thing I can say in my defense is: at least mine is street legal. :mrgreen:

If I put lights on it I'd drive it anyway. Just mount a bumper and lights at the required heights and run with it. Bet it'd be a blast to drive too.

outskirtscustoms said:
OCD said:
Wow, that's the lowest rad rod style bug I've seen yet. The only thing I can say in my defense is: at least mine is street legal. :mrgreen:

If I put lights on it I'd drive it anyway. Just mount a bumper and lights at the required heights and run with it. Bet it'd be a blast to drive too.

required height would put them at visual obstruction height. :mrgreen: :lol:

FINALLY i have a garage to work in again :) Now the trike will be "going under the knife". I'm trying to get a pair of used racing slicks from a race car to use on the rear :) I know, i know... it will be heavy, but it's going to look awsome!!! (I'll gear it REALLY low for her).

basic desing...

A very crude pic to of what i'm planning (still trying to figure out just how i want to do the steering)...
ratrodproject.jpg

Got her chopped up...
zrat1.jpg

It will even have a diff. like a car 8)
zrat2.jpg

Latest posts

Back