Rat Rod Furniture / Home Decor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been meaning to get a picture of this since I first saw this thread. Today I was straightening up in the garage and took time to share.
This is my toy car display case made from a section of a tail engine shroud from a 727 airliner. I made a bar from the inlet section of the same shroud for a customer, but unfortunately don't have pictures of that....

AWESOME!

Luke.

Saw this on Facebook, I'm going to keep an eye out for wine crates now.

http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.pt/201 ... table.html

DVC+Coffee+Table+10.jpg

I'm not sure if every Home Depot is doing this but my Home Depot is selling these wine crates specifically for making a coffee table. They were not stained though. Saw it the other day and a picture of the Pinterest logo and a picture of a coffee table

locojoe Crazyjose,
Your post is very inspirational. Makes me want to get off my butt and do a few pieces.
Sometimes I just say. "Oh its ok the way it is"
But most pieces have no personality.
On your TV stand, How many coats of satin clear did you apply? After your rub thru.
It looks great. I also like the same style of furnature. Gotta match though, Just like you did.
Thanks for the post.

locojoe Crazyjose,
Your post is very inspirational. Makes me want to get off my butt and do a few pieces.
Sometimes I just say. "Oh its ok the way it is"
But most pieces have no personality.
On your TV stand, How many coats of satin clear did you apply? After your rub thru.
It looks great. I also like the same style of furnature. Gotta match though, Just like you did.
Thanks for the post.
Thanks. Sorry I don't have an answer. Been so long I don't recall. If I had to guess I probably just did one coat of clear. Definitely no more than 2. I always take the quickest easiest way.

Something I recently did. Found this car at Ross Dress For Less. Thought it was pretty cool but needed a little customization. Out with the red sharpie.

chevy.jpg

A friend of mine back in the day, his grandfather was a electrician and did a lot of work for the city. He got a bunch of old parking meters when they took them off of main street, turned them in to table lamps. Wired them to turn on when you added coins to them and when the meter ran out of time the lamp would turn off.

I had to dig up this thread to show off this year's Christmas gift to my son. At 25 he has become quite the craft beer connoisseur (or so he thinks), so the last time I was visiting him in Memphis I "stole" some of his collection of bottles he had on display above his kitchen cabinets. The shade is hand formed and English wheeled from .090 aluminum, and I simply drilled a hole through the growler bottle to accept a cord for the lamp.

That's a cool lamp, this whole thread is great. Glad you bumped it.

I never thought to post it here, but I made this chair out of 1/8" sheet metal. I found plans in a magazine to make a chair out of a 3'x2' piece of plywood, using every little bit. So I just did it in metal.
IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

Saw this thing last year during Ann Arbor/Memory Lane weekend.
863537117993cd3ac327b6b577cfe66b.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

haha...now that takes the cake ,really put a smile on my face ,i'd just be sooo tempted to take parts off
of it , lol....just great..:43:

~Rafael~

I love love love that chair. I think it could be done even more aestheticly, perhaps with less colors.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Do you have a pic of the rear or any others?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just one other not so good pic, I'll post after work to see if it helps. None of the back, I didn't think about building one at the time, just thought it was cooler than dangit.

c1ca0b37eaddf3204da2412f11cafddf.jpg

This is the only other pic I have.
Looks like the frames are cut and a simple square stock framework for support.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back