Rat Rod Blades Challenge 2021 - Voting Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PICK YOUR FAVORITE KNIFE BUILDS

• Fine Friction Folder - Swampthing

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Goodwill Hunting Knife - OddJob

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Old Uncle - Oak Tree

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Padauk Basher - Verrt

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Primativo - Us56456712

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well done to all the finishers and thanks to everyone who participated in the Rat Rod Blades challenge! Was fun and interesting, and great to see all the skills and creativity of the RRB crowd executed in a new way. Thanks also to everyone who watched, gave support, and shared their experience and stories.

There's 5 entries who made it across the line, and each was allowed to submit 3 pics. So make sure to check them all out before voting.

You can vote for as many blades as you like, but you have to do it in one go. Once you submit your vote you can't change it. Voting ends May 11th.

Be sure to check out the build thread here. You can see all the work put in to the final entries, there's also some really awesome stuff in there from people who, for various reasons weren't able to make the deadline.
https://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/i...od-blades-challenge-2021-build-thread.113145/
Thanks for voting and thanks again to everyone who entered, participated, or followed along.

In alphabetical order here are the entries:
1. Fine Friction Folder - Swampthing
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

2. Goodwill Hunting Knife - OddJob
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3. Old Uncle - Oak Tree
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4. Padauk Basher - Verrt
1.png

2.png

3.png

5. Primativo - Us56456712
1.jpg

Last edited:
Honorable Mentions:

Honorable mention to Reallybigtim.
Who found out about the challenge just a few days before the deadline. He did some amazing work in the short time he had, but understandably didn't want to do a rush job to get across the line. He promised to post an update when he's completed a handle that does this awesome blade justice.
Reallybigtim.jpg

Honorable mention to CaptainAwesome. Who had probably the most exciting starting point, but was sadly forced to retire due to a non-knife related injury. Can't wait to see this one done.
CaptainAwesome.jpg

Last edited:
@Oak Tree currently maintaining a well deserved lead.

Old Uncle being a great looking yet practical knife, that most people can probably imagine themselves putting in their pocket every day.

7 days to go.

Congrats to Oak Tree for winning the first Rat Rod Blades Challenge, with Old Uncle.
A well deserved win!

Sorry I missed announcing the day the votes closed. I had my second vaccine shot the day before and it was knocking me round a a bit.

Thanks to everyone who participated and to everyone who voted. Was a lot of fun.

You will now be returned to your regular scheduled programming.

I had gotten this blank and some wood for scales around Christmas.
Used aluminum pins and wood for scales.
Still not finished with all the fit& finish: due to health issues I haven't been able to do a whole lot. And I haven't been allowed to go to the shop around all of the Power Tools. Like belt Sander, & buffing wheels. So had to whittle scales with pocket knife & Sand by hand.
Was great to watch all of the entries progress.
20210602_121330.jpg

Congrats to all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back