Rat-Fink Santa - Class 1, Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
85c21f12598dbc303f339baa1f9df66e--rat-fink-cartoon-tattoos.jpg

Alright I've got another face lift build, here's my inspiration.
c6.jpg

And here's my canvas, my 2005 Schwinn Pea-Picker is already green & sliver which is half of the color palette done, and I have some awesome parts that will take care of the red part of the color palette already planned out.
IMG_9855.jpg

And again I'm sticking with a really straight forward Class one build.

IMG_9862.JPG

Replaced the cheap welded steer tube with a nicer cast one which is mounted on the bike now.
IMG_9865.jpg
Took the taiwan made crank off and replaced it with this 1974 date Schwinn Mag crank set.
IMG_9867.JPG

IMG_9878.JPG

Also added this cool newer production speedometer.
IMG_9880.jpg

Last edited:
Ok bare with me, but with sticking with the red/green Christmas colors and the Rat-Fink aesthetic.
I just ordered a yard of this crazy fabric for a new seat cover.
il_570xN.1076767421_3192.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_9870.JPG

Lester Mag Time
IMG_9871.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_9907.jpg

Took the nasty old seat cover off, and recovered it this evening :cool2:.

Last edited:
And just like that another one bites the dust, I'm really happy with this face lift build turned out just as I wanted it.
IMG_9986.JPG

IMG_9988.JPG

That red leopard print and the mag is perfect muscle bike vibe!

I know the grips are original, but maybe red grips for another highlight....or pedals....?

Nice work Scribs!

That red leopard print and the mag is perfect muscle bike vibe!

I know the grips are original, but maybe red grips for another highlight....or pedals....?

Nice work Scribs!
I agree, needs one little pop of red on the front end, whether a reflector or grips as O.J. mentioned. otherwise that is one sweet looking little bike. WoW.
The red seat and mag look great on this...red grips would be cool.

I agree with you guys, so I ordered these OG schwinn grips.
Screenshot_2017-10-29-13-48-59.png

Looking cool brother.
I do see a couple fun details choices that may enhance the look. You could paint the bolt shaft inside the springer spring red, and a playing card made from a Christmas card tucked in the front spokes might be fun too. Mistletoe to garnish the speedo is another Christmas rat touch. Little ideas that don't change your look but add a bit of color and theme.

Carl.

Got the grips and applied a rat rod bikes weirdo sticker. Look for it in the finished thread soon, with some much better pics.
20171115_135352.jpg

20171115_135419.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Posted the rest of the photos in the class one finished thread, its always a pleasure building with you guys :D

Latest posts

Back