RARE S&S Bigfoot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
S&S dabbled in the bike biz for about 5 years according to my research and left to build aftermarket performance Harley parts which it still does to this day. I've only seen about 2 or 3 of these on the net and one guy wants over 2 grand for his "restored" one (powdercoated it black...which kills it for me. I like the chrome). I don't think it's worth big coin like that, but it does appear to be pretty darn rare. I noticed the loop tail on a 26er and new I had to have it, didn't know the make/model until getting it and doing some research. I'm selling the seat, since I don't like it and it's not original to the bike so I don't feel bad. Originally set up as a 26" bmx cruiser with bmx bars and seat, but seat and bars were changed by original owner. This road the beaches of SoCal in the early 80's! I think it's one of the very first mountain bikes out there before mountain bikes got their names. I mean com'mon... it's called bigfoot and his a picture of a mountain on it:) If you know more than I do about it, please let me know. Anxiously awaiting the clean up process for this one 8) Happy browsing!
bigfoot245.jpg

bigfoot249.jpg

bigfoot250.jpg

bigfoot253.jpg

I know S&S made header exhausts for VW's for a long time, my buddy has a S&S cruiser bike with the same logo. I didn't know it was the same company that made engines.

I guess S&S is big on performance headers and carbs from my understanding. I read somewhere that S&S stood for Street & Strip.. pretty neat stuff.

Cool chainring! :shock: :arrow: :idea: :mrgreen:

The chainnring is commonly referred to as a "Lambert" chainring. No idea why because I never researched it, but I have been on the lookout for a nice, non worn set with the cranks. The issue with them is the teeth tend to wear quickly because of the alloy content.

Joe

Nice find. Those cranks were originally on a Viscount road bike. I have a few sets of them but I tend too work on road bikes more.

Latest posts

Back