Rail Truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a late 60's /early 70's Rollfast Mustang. I took it out for a ride and took some photos. It has a very comfortable ride, with the Brooks mattress saddle and long wheelbase, it was better than I expected.

2rngffc.jpg

67l3l1.jpg

I used the cheapest paint (98c) and left certain area rusty, like the spokes. I used a tire from a Dahon for the front, it was the skinniest I could find. Both wheels are also from an old Dahon Boardwalk, but the rear tire is a 20 x 2.35, the fattest I could find.

29y2gp5.jpg

24vlmxf.jpg

286soaq.jpg

xerl7r.jpg

Classic Rollfast cranks and bearings. I left the chain guard off to highlight the sprocket. It will sit the shelf with other collectable stuff.

2ldiyiv.jpg

2le07ja.jpg

My trademark padlock on the brake arm, the key is on the leather tie on the handlebars.

2qbhr3p.jpg

Rear rack from a city bike from Japan, and a Brooks saddle from a 67 Robin Hood bike. I was thinking of using a steel basket, but I like this minimal look better.

o05qh3.jpg

Cheap paint chipped when I dropped the frame. I kept costs at a minimum, less than $100 total. This isn't an actual folder, the frame comes apart completely at the coupling, no hinge.

6poj01.jpg

Thanks everyone.

No more wheelies, I still remember the sprained ankle and knee from the highboy. They heard the thud when I hit the street! No more of that.

There was another bike just like this one sold here right after I bought this one, so they are out there occasionally.

Thanks,
Sears? I didn't know they had a version of this. Post up some pics, or even better, a build thread.

"Rollfast" , One of my favorite bike names!

:wink:

Latest posts

Back