radio flyers custom ones any out there ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not a radio flyer but just as cool, body dropped shopping cart my buddy made a while ago.

tn_Picture-009.jpg

tn_Picture-017.jpg

tn_Picture-006.jpg

Temporarily put together for last weekend with 'stock' wheels and back axle. If you look in one of my previous pictures you'll see I have go-kart slicks that will sit in wheel wells in the rear. Looks kinda dorky with the rear end up, but anyhoo.

S5001166.jpg

More 'progress'. The license plate bracket fabbed up. I was actually stalling here, this is before I hack into the bed to cut the wheel wells for the slicks. It'd be easier is this was an old wagon in that sense. :cry:

S5001181.jpg

The axle cut, those are rear bearings on the wheels. Everything on this is designed to handle serious weight, etc. No half-..... stuff being done here, takes longer, but probably worth it.

S5001182.jpg

The latest, this is a test fit. The wheel wells will be covered with diamond plate as well. The red bed is curved and bent up and over the wheels here so the underside will still look good when you flip it over.

S5001184.jpg

I bought these 2 Radio Flyer 18's lately. The one that has more rust is getting the whole Rat treatment, lowered. The other will sit for a while.
DSC02396.jpg

DSC02393.jpg

I also got this mint Radio Flyer scooter with training wheels. My grandson will have fun with it.
DSC02399.jpg

got me one
i got pics which are on my camera
which is in michigan with my sister
i plan to do the whole thing to
lower paint
and its gonna match one of my bikes
i can't WAIT!!!!

I got these wheels for the wagon. Lowered it as low as the front will let me go. The rear wheels are a bit taller too. I am not sure how I am going to put a handle on it. I don't need it to turn. Also should I paint the wheels and wagon? What color? I was thinking red wheels, black body, scallops? What do you guys think.
DSC02426.jpg

DSC02425.jpg

Oldy, I was thinking you could fab. up a simple handle for not much from a wheel castor, a nut and bolt, and a piece of pipe about 3ft. long and 1 1/2" diameter. Look at my wheel castor here:

S5001127.jpg

All you would need to do is mount this castor in the middle up front on your wagon, on the underside of course, knock the pin out of the center of the castor, drill for your nut and bolt through the castor to open up the hole(if need be) and the end of the pipe and then you have a handle that can turn and should still have enough clearance below. :?: :lol:

Not to one up you my friend, but here's more for my adoring? fan(s) out there. Welding this has proved to be interesting. After finding out my wire feed weldor find won't work with alum. wire, I had to switch to oxy/acetelyne. I found some low temp. alum. sticks at Harbor Freight's(at least they're made in the U.S.) and was able to zap the material together. The problem was that the wheel well material is only 1/16" gauge and the floor pan is like 1/4". You have to heat the holy piss out of the floor pan cherry red which gets the nearby 1/16" stuff hot enough to stick. Heat it too long and it melts the 1/16" gauge stuff, anyhoo, enough of me blabbing.

S5001202.jpg

moparmayhem93 said:
dude
ive got me one of these and i want a set of back wheels like that
whered you get em?

THANKS!

Those are go-kart wheels, I got a good price on them here http://www.gokartgalaxy.com/ They were the narrowest rims and tires they had so they would fit in the bed of the wagon. They come with the hubs, make sure you get tubes with them, too. I made the axle shaft from some metal stock from Lowe's and conduit clamps. The front castors I got from Harbor Freight, heim joints from a local place. It's very sturdy, my wife has stood in the wagon. I have a ton of diamondplate leftover from this, so if you guys need some hit me up with the size you need and I'll give you a good deal.

its not a radio flyer but this one is mine when i was a youngster, my mom was about to throw it away so i had to save it.
DSCN0273.jpg

karfer67 said:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5917

here is a link to the pics and descution of the wagon i did. right now i am using it as a cady for my welder to roll around the garage.

I remember seeing that Karfer, very nice work. Very well thought out, I like the attention to detail and the extra supports you put in for the front end.
:wink: I posted mine on VWvortex as well under the fabrication section, someone actually asked "well, what's the point of this?" Sigh. :roll:

i had to add those otherwise with weight over 100 pounds it would sag and drag. as of now i have sat over 200 pounds in it and it stays off the ground

Here's a little history from 1976!
4xwagon1.jpg

4xwagon2.jpg

This was kinda a prototype. It eventually got some better axels and tire/rims. We used to go to a nearby abandoned gravel pit and downhill race the wagons. Braking and assisted steering was done by feet hanging over the front edged. When racing I sat lower in the wagon and hung the feet out the front. Dangerously cool on the gravel inclines.

Some older friends talked me into dragging it up the tallest ski slope at Mt. Holly. Luckily someone called the county police and I was airlifted off the top of the slope before I took a death ride! Sometimes hanging out with crazy friends is dangerous! The cops were pretty cool about it and let me go with a warning. It helps to have friends and family on the force! :p I was 16 years old and had hair!
Chainsaw

Latest posts

Back