radio flyers custom ones any out there ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have a old radio flyers that iam working on right now iam having problem with the front but neways ive been searching for along time on the net but could only find two or so but these two are the only ones i have pics of so if you have any pics or build them also post up pics please

post-28033-1135796253.jpg

jglkhgsa.jpg

Karfer just said he dropped a wagon like that . He is susposed to post pics soon.

Pretty cool.

bad news said:
iam trying to get a model a look extended front ill post pics of it when i get batterys maybe some can head me towards the right way :wink:

OH YEAH.......... if you have a pic of one with it already it shouldnt be to hard to figure out...... im actuly looking for a waggon now...... need it for a project im working on. there was on one ebay last week that woulda been perfect for a rat, super rusty with a broken wheel. it may even still be on there!!

I happen to collect custom radio flyer pictures. I'm building one now. I have almost all the parts assembly. I bought a new radio flyer wagon and got 3.5" go kart wheels and slicks for the rear, diamond plate to drop in the floor and two swivel steel cart or dolly wheels for the front. I plan on tying the two front wheels together with heim joints. The rear I want 'tubbed' like the drag racers with arches cut in the bed, it will be tricky to bend the diamond plate. If anyone needs diamond plate I'm going to have a whole buttload left over for sale. It's $16 a square foot which is just a hair under what I paid(picture is at the bottom).

IMG_2867.jpg

000_0154.jpg

att107.jpg

front_angle.jpg

01_12.jpg

25_12.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

abf.jpg

Big Daddy Roth's work
S5000198.jpg

S5000199.jpg

S5000203.jpg

S5000202.jpg

01_12-1.jpg

S5000974.jpg

S5000975.jpg

I have restored a couple of these, I dig the older ones. I've seen some nice art deco styled ones in antique shops it would be fun to try to imitate.

I have an extra pan...thinking...hmmm...

I see guys pulling their kids around at the car swap every spring and fall with lawnmower tires, raised back ends, etc. Pretty funny stuff. Nice wagons.

here are some terrible pics of an oldy my wifes grandparents had for years then got thrown out. My wife is a barber and was talking about it one day and the guy that got it out of the trash happend to be there and got it back to her.
100_1741.jpg

100_1740.jpg

I got home the other day and started on mine. Ahem, at the risk of being booted off, anybody need some brand radio flyer wheels? I'll sell real cheap. I don't need them as I'm going with go-kart wheels and slicks.

S5001108.jpg

Well, I've got mine underway. The hardest part so far has been trimming the diamond plate to get it to fit in the floor.

I need opinions, the front wheels, do you think I should tie them together with heim joints to the steering head like mini-tie rods? The only drawback is that the turning radius will be severly cut down than if I just let the casters spin around now. And no, the steering head won't be rubbing on the ground, everything is just finger-tight here.

S5001125.jpg

S5001127.jpg

Not sure if there's any more interest in this topic, but here's the latest with my wagon. I've finished the front end with mini-tie rods for a car show and cruise this weekend. A bit overkill maybe, but has turned out pretty nice so far. This took a while to get the right angle and lengths, etc.

S5001157.jpg

Interest? Yes! Allways looking for ideas. I have one in the planning stage now. Lets see it on all fours. I like the caster idea.

Latest posts

Back