BO15 Radarlux Space-Cadet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20200525_190057595.jpg
IMG_20200525_190045535.jpg

Thanks folks , it's got to the bit where I'm going to drop the pace a little now , theres going to be lots of sanding , bit of fill , sand some more etc . 9 hours at it today , but the thing my part time is nearly done and full time work is due to crack back into life imminently . Things will happen but more s l o w l y soon.

WHOA!!!!!! I had two pages to catch up on and you have kicked it into high gear!!!!
I love the flared out fins! And all of the foam shaping.
This is going to be one of the top builds for sure.

WOW! I can't believe that the (in my opinion, unimpressive) bike you started with turned into such a slick cruiser! If it wasn't for all the photos you've shared of your progress, I would've thought they were 2 separate bikes! Fantastic job, Mr. Unhinged!

WOW! I can't believe that the (in my opinion, unimpressive) bike you started with turned into such a slick cruiser! If it wasn't for all the photos you've shared of your progress, I would've thought they were 2 separate bikes! Fantastic job, Mr. Unhinged!
Sometimes you need a strong imagination ( or even a warped one ) My wife was the same " nope can't see it ...nope ...oh got ya :)
Some guy ( a lot cleverer than me ) said the rich can have the bespoke made to show individuality , the rest look towards obsolescence to stand out .
Skip picking it is then . As I might have said , would really love a Bowden Spacelander . Not on my payscale though . A spacelander probably costs more now than every motor vehicle I've owned combined . And let's face it , it would be a fragile toy . Guess I'm born to do things the hard way :)

Have you given any consideration to bulking up the bottom hoop? I think if it had the mass of the upper part of the frame in the back and just a little in the front, it would "fit in" better. Just a thought.
index.php

View attachment 123917
On that note, I wonder how it'd look if the rest of the down bar was beefed up as well....

On that note, I wonder how it'd look if the rest of the down bar was beefed up as well....
I was trying to give an idea that I thought would help with the flow of the bike without creating too much extra work. Also, if you look, each horizontal "bar" gets smaller, thick on top, medium in the center, and small on the bottom.

I do agree, making the bottom hoop somewhat mirror the top tube would look great. Keep in mind the bottom tube will see the most abuse, another reason I left it simple in my edit.

I was trying to give an idea that I thought would help with the flow of the bike without creating too much extra work. Also, if you look, each horizontal "bar" gets smaller, thick on top, medium in the center, and small on the bottom.

I do agree, making the bottom hoop somewhat mirror the top tube would look great. Keep in mind the bottom tube will see the most abuse, another reason I left it simple in my edit.
I gotcha. That all makes sense. I did just go ahead and whip up a quick Photoshop mockup of what I was thinking, though. I don't know if it's anything like Mr. Unhinged is planning on doing, but I just wanted to throw it out here.
IMG_20200528_212716288.jpg

You guys have sort of read my mind :) it's getting stuff happening on the bottom , not as bulky as the top , I ran out of squirt foam the other week but rest assured something will happen . I'm also going to modify the chain line a bit so that disappears and have about 10 chain guards to cut up and modify , that's probably going to happen first so I can do the hot stuff on the bottom, before I cover the bottom with too much flammable stuff lol I will have the hosepipe at the ready while I put brackets on so I dont flambay the thing hopefully . The ideas are in my head "buffering " but the first pic is pretty much what I have in mind . I dont want too much going on down there as it will take a kicking , but it will get something

Your work with that aerosol foam is amazing! I never thought of that before; and I have actually used that to construct some landscape for my slot car track. I have to go back now to early pages of yours and see how the initial 'boxing' of the frame was done.

Wow, I took a couple days off on Class 2 builds, and B A M ! You go from 0 - 60 in no time at all!
RaT oN~!

Your work with that aerosol foam is amazing! I never thought of that before; and I have actually used that to construct some landscape for my slot car track. I have to go back now to early pages of yours and see how the initial 'boxing' of the frame was done.

Wow, I took a couple days off on Class 2 builds, and B A M ! You go from 0 - 60 in no time at all!
RaT oN~!
My foam discoveries . It hates gravity and will stick to any surface you dont want it to , clothing , hands, hair , floor , the dog . Its staying put , where it's actually supposed to go ...not so much .
Pressing the trigger foam comes out as do big farts of air pockets. Let go of the trigger and it spurting its load over the floor quietly for the next five minutes .
Quantities needed , no way to judge , do you stop with half the area done ? Nope you stand back look , give it a little more . Half an hour later you are faced with a sticky b movie disaster dripping off the bike .

Latest posts

Back