""RAD ROT"" Aug 1-Calling it a DONE DEAL!! pics added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ""RAD ROT"" Updated 23 July w/ New pics added

i love seeing all the crazy stuff we all turn into bike parts :mrgreen:

It's hard now to see an oddball part and not say "how can I put that on a bike?"...... :wink:

You're preaching to the choir on that one, I've made bike parts out of golf clubs, kid's scooters, roller blades, car parts, Gatorade bottles, and god only knows what else. Some stuff is just junk that I don't even know what it was it just had a cool shape to it. :lol:

Chips_Mahoy said:
It's hard now to see an oddball part and not say "how can I put that on a bike?"...... :wink:

It totally changes how long it takes you to look over the weird items on a yard sale table.

kingfish254 said:
Chips_Mahoy said:

It totally changes how long it takes you to look over the weird items on a yard sale table.

Not for me, I buy in bulk! I ask "How much for everything on this table and the three bikes over there? And do you have any other bikes or anything bike related?" Takes me longer to load it on my bike trailer. :mrgreen:

Re: ""RAD ROT"" New pics added 16 July

Chips_Mahoy said:
And a couple headlight shots. Not going to mount it this way but wanted to play around with positioning.

20395717120776-vi.jpg

That looks real tough right there 8)

SWEEEEEEEET!

That's a fact Jack!

kingfish254 said:
Chips_Mahoy said:

Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 24 July-Stop mocking me!!

Got some more work done on RAD ROT today.

Rear seat supports and taillight mocked:
28396407848503-vi.jpg

Handlebar "grips" mocked. I'm using some left over leather boot laces. I haven't committed to how I'll keep them on there yet:
29396407849878-vi.jpg

Side shot as a roller. Chain guard had to be notched for tire clearance so it's getting repainted. Seiss lights aren't installed yet:
32396407852463-vi.jpg

Front angle. I've got the MoPar light ready to convert to LED. I dont want any wires hanging anywhere:
35396407855364-vi.jpg

Rear view:
38396407858422-vi.jpg

Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 24 July-Stop mocking me!

Maybe a piece of copper tubing that cuves down from the light handle to the wheelie bar to mimic the curve of the truss rods.
I think you should mount a horizontal candle in that candle holder! :shock:

32396407852463-vi.jpg

Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 24 July-Stop mocking me!

Chicken =P

Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 29 July-Stop mocking me!

Got some more work done last night.

There may be a headlight configuration change. I was converting the yellow light to LED but I'm not having the best success. If I can't get it done in time I have a back up plan. I've changed the setup on the rear end too. I've added the wooden rack that I made for this bike last year. It's been sitting in a box since. I did take it for a ride last night and it rides great! It needs a little more air in the tires but otherwise great!

Pics to come!!

Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 29 July-new pics

Pics finally added....

It's almost done!! Rear rack added w/ taillight mounted and "hovering" over the rack:
46396829846024-vi.jpg

Front angle:
47396829847240-vi.jpg

Rear angle w/ rack & light view and license plate added:
49396829849148-vi.jpg

Over front view:
50396829850992-vi.jpg

Down the side view:
52396829852698-vi.jpg

I've only got a couple more things to do to it then it'll be D-O-N-E done!! The best part, albeit minor, is still to come..... :wink:

Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 30 July-Lighting configuration change

After staring, stewing and sleeping on it all night, I decided I didn't like the lighting configuration I had on RAD ROT. It just looked too bulky and odd on the rear and I couldn't get the headlight to work right.

So what I'm doing instead is using the copper candle holder as a headlight shroud instead of a taillight shroud and now my taillight is that weird little light thing. It'll be recessed into the rear rack to keep it low profile for a cleaner look. The battery and wiring will be hidden under the rack. I DON'T LIKE WIRES!! The yellow light will be used for my BO9 bike. That way I'll have time to figure it out and do it right when it starts.

09396897009475-vi.jpg

10396897010781-vi.jpg

13396897013017-vi.jpg

Latest posts

Back