quick build II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished my friends bike so now I've started work on my transition Schwinn frame.
Here's what I started with.
IMGP5594.jpg

Threw on some apes and a nexus 7 wheelset and hit the road for a spin. (with a seat of course)
IMGP5807.jpg

Liked the ride and ordered a sissy bar and banana seat (should be here next week)
Tore it down for sanding and multiple coats of primer.
IMGP5809.jpg

Primer, sand, primer, sand... got a good enough finish without paying for sand blasting! (need to get mine set back up when I get home)
IMGP5811.jpg

I love what a little elbow grease will give you!
IMGP5810.jpg

Red paint because that is what I found inside the bottom bracket. The wheels are a bendix 76 with an electra classic knobby and a 26 x 1 3/8" up front.
IMGP5815.jpg

I'm going to build a wooden tank and I'm still waiting for the seat and sissybar.

Just messing around before my banana seat and sissy bar get here... threw on a banana seat and sissy bar from another bike project I had. went for the lowrider look and it was kind of fun. (for 15 min or so)
IMGP5819.jpg

I did track town and mount my bottle opener today. I've always wanted to do this!
IMGP5821.jpg

Latest posts

Back