QUADRUPED - WBO 2018 Scratch Built

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to go to a bike shop today to get a brake and a gear cable and a chain link, but got busy on some other stuff instead.

One of the things was the fork...

14_Fork.jpg

Actually, it’s not really a ‘fork’ as such... not sure what you’d call it really... a ‘strut’ maybe?

Anyway, I also fitted the brake and derailleur mounts...

15_Mounts.jpg

16_Derailleur.jpg

I also painted the wheels black, but didn’t take a photo, so you’ll just have to believe me.

Hopefully I can get the cables and link tomorrow and get Quadruped to the ‘test ride’ stage closely followed by the ‘photograph it’ and ‘upload it to the finished thread’ stages.

Sooooooooooo close.

Glen.

....followed by the 'vote for it' stage. :nerd:

You are in contention for the newest award out of the BACK40....The OddJob Award for Shortest Scratch Build Time! :21:

Well, I don’t think it’s going to get there. :(

Here’s a couple of photos from this afternoon...

17_AlmostDone.jpg

18_AlmostDone.jpg

The cables I got are too short so I put the chain on anyway and tried riding it without the gears or brake. It rides, but it is indeed hard to steer.

Here it is with the chain on...

19_AlmostDone.jpg

20_AlmostDone.jpg

The chain will need a bit more length added I reckon, and I’ll need to figure a way around the cable lengths. :39:

So Quadruped won’t be making it to the finished thread, but it’ll get done eventually. :rolleyes:

Glen.

The four wheels and frame shape make for an interesting design diversion. The geometry of seat to pedals to bars leave my old body in contorted imagined pain though. How about a photo of you or someone modeling the riding stance? I do like what I see, it should give a good cardio workout once you get it finished. Thumbs up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The four wheels and frame shape make for an interesting design diversion. The geometry of seat to pedals to bars leave my old body in contorted imagined pain though. How about a photo of you or someone modeling the riding stance? I do like what I see, it should give a good cardio workout once you get it finished. Thumbs up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... the riding position isn't good. The bottom bracket ended up higher than I originally 'planned'... should've put it below the horizontal bar, but even then it wouldn't be that great. I'm wishing I went with version 1 design now, but I do like the look of it. The bars are not staying... don't like them and prefer a more 'cruiser style' bar which will help the seating position. Even ape hangers might be better... if I can get some.

Having said all that, I'm not sure that I'll be keeping this as it is. I might re-visit it and take it back to a standard two wheel bike by modifying the frame a bit at some point in the future.

Glen.

I swapped the bars to the ones that came with the Murray Monterey I bought recently...

21_AlmostDone.jpg

22_AlmostDone.jpg

How about a photo of you or someone modeling the riding stance?

Here’s me sitting on it...

23_SitOnIt.jpg

Much better but still not quite far enough back for my liking. Looks like I’ll be ape hunting soon. :nod:

I’m heading away this afternoon so that’s it from me for a while. Congratulations to all those that get their builds finished and good luck to all. :thumbsup:

Glen.

I swapped the bars to the ones that came with the Murray Monterey I bought recently...

View attachment 72643

View attachment 72644

Here’s me sitting on it...

View attachment 72645

Much better but still not quite far enough back for my liking. Looks like I’ll be ape hunting soon. :nod:

I’m heading away this afternoon so that’s it from me for a while. Congratulations to all those that get their builds finished and good luck to all. :thumbsup:

Glen.
That looks pretty good, not as extreme as I was thinking. Longer bars help it out.

Looks pretty cool! Maybe each front wheel individually sprung so its not trying to pick up the other when turning. You might have to do the same to the rear, however, and that is adding a lot more complication ;)

Jason

Looks pretty cool! Maybe each front wheel individually sprung so its not trying to pick up the other when turning. You might have to do the same to the rear, however, and that is adding a lot more complication ;)

Jason

Yeah... a bit tooo complicated for a simple lad like me :blush:

:)

Well, that's me... just popped back for one last looksee before heading to the airport.

See you all in the voting booths.

Glen.

I love the looks of this one Glen
Happy travels

Latest posts

Back