Pure EVEL

Discussion in 'CLASS 1 - MUSCLE BIKE 2019 BUILD JOURNALS' started by Ben lay, Oct 1, 2019.

1. sdframe

sdframe

Cool little bike.

Ben lay likes this.
  2. Ben lay

Ben lay

Stole away a few minutes to finalize some things. Hand brakes , blue flake grips worked out good. Made plates to raise and reposition the little chain guard over the large star sprocket I HAVE to use. Looking for the right short to medium length crank arms to use , then it will be time to disassemble again and final clearcoat the frame. Had to switch out and paint another fork to be able to use the cool bmx stem I found and have to hone out the front dropout a tad to accept the mags large axle getting close. Gonna order some gnarly shin shredding pedals tonight and a colored chain of some kind. Pleased so far! IMG_20191107_151716908.jpg

RustyGold and OddJob like this.
  3. Ben lay

Ben lay

4. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

The brakes need some stars!

Ben lay likes this.
  5. OddJob

OddJob

That looks sweet!

6. Ben lay

Ben lay

Thank you sir!

7. Ben lay

Ben lay

Had to roll it outside for a peek before if gets taken completely apart again for clearcoat , cleaning, polishing, and re assembly. Pleased overall. Not pleased with the fade at the rear of the frame, may crisp that up into a hard line , maybe with a gold divider. Got the large star spocket/ medium arms "transmission" parts all cooperating into a nice frankencrank time to disassemble and put aside for a bit to finish up the winter buildoff bike with the Christmas deadline! IMG_20191109_121757659.jpg IMG_20191109_121934096.jpg

Bart52, Chad T, OddJob and 4 others like this.
  8. Ben lay

Ben lay

Before dinner took it all back apart tonight. After dinner wet sanded it more. Pretty darn smooth even in the patina areas of the paint. Both this bike and the Christmas wbo entry are coming along. This one is basically ready to clearcoat several times and final assemble. Gonna try to clear it this coming weekend or next. Want to wait till a weekend so I can heat the garage up nice . Getting there !

9. Chad T

Chad T

Looking good! I think struts like early BMXers did might be cool on this.

[​IMG]

10. Ben lay

Ben lay

Evel on hold till after Christmas! Focusing on finishing the "Christmas Flyer " wbo entry for my nephew Ethan , then it's just a matter of a little more clearcoat in a warmed up shop and some uncle / nephew final assembly time on pure Evel.
    FB_IMG_1574639902642.jpg