Puch Mini

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I hauled a load of rubbish to the local recycling park. I'm not going often, but when I'm there, I can't avoid to peep into the scrap metal container. Low and behold, I found this in it:

pic001.jpg

A bit more rummaging yielded this pouch:

pic003.jpg

It was in close proximity to the bike, hence my assumption is they got dumped at the same time and belong together.

I already have a set of tyres for it lying around (this is where my rubber fetish comes in handy):

pic002.jpg

The bike has a Sturmey Archer 3-speed, which obviously works! Even the dynamo lighting works, front and rear. The brakes work, too. I guess the only reason it got thrown out is the flat tyres.

I will replace the tyres with the ones I've shown, they are 20 x 2.125 instead of the 20 x 1.75 that are on it now. For the rest, I will just give it a thorough clean and polish, that's it.

Awesome, I've got a Peugeot folder and it is one of my favorite bikes to ride. Just wish I could find the 550A (22") tires for it :roll:

Baron von Zach said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Awesome, I've got a Peugeot folder and it is one of my favorite bikes to ride. Just wish I could find the 550A (22") tires for it :roll:

There you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HUTCHIN ... 2312e393ab

The interesting bit about the Puch is that it is not a folding bike.

Oh wow, just took a closer look. Looks so much like a folding. Cool bike and thanks for the link. Now just to come up with some money.

Chips_Mahoy said:
That, good sir, is not a cheeky bike by any means!

Thanks for saying that.

Initially I didn't even realize what it really is. Only when I started looking for the folding hinge and couldn't find one, it occurred to me how - well - special (?) it really is. I think it is well worth saving and I did the right thing not to leave it to the metal vultures.

:D It looks great! Lucky you being able to ''rummage'' at your local tip! No one is allowed to remove anything from ours :( , I'm sure the workers do mind.

Boris said:
:D It looks great! Lucky you being able to ''rummage'' at your local tip! No one is allowed to remove anything from ours :( , I'm sure the workers do mind.

They did tell me that I'm not supposed to remove anything from the site.

I told them it's called "recycling park" and that recycling is exactly what I have in mind. I also asked them what they are intending to do to keep me away from what I'm doing. While they still evaluated their possibilities, I was already on my way.

Yeah scrapyards are mean like that, ofg our three scrapyards here in kokomo one won't sell ANYTHING out of the yard. Something about their insurance. The second will only sell things in the 15 minutes after closing so you got to be there exactly on time. The third will sell anything but it goes right into a bin and soon as the three bins are full it goes back to the bigger yard and is lost in the mess. I have a friend who works there that usually tries to hold back any good old bikes for me though.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Baron von Zach said:
While they still evaluated their possibilities, I was already on my way.
A strategist & a quick thinker......sounds like SAS or SBS to me..... :wink:

Far from it. I just hate it when someone tells me I can't do something, despite what I am doing doesn't hurt anybody. Rules and regulations only have to be obeyed if they make sense.

MI-6 then...... :wink: Do you know Johnny English?

Same here..... It's almost like they're unknowingly challenging you to do whatever it is you're trying to do! I'm not saying that I'll be breaking any laws or staging a protest against authority, but they're challenging your creativity and artistic value of what you want to do!

I think your bike looks killer. My 1st impression of it was that it looked "1/2 Rat" as is. Enjoy it since that's what it was made for!

Baron von Zach said:
Far from it. I just hate it when someone tells me I can't do something, despite what I am doing doesn't hurt anybody. Rules and regulations only have to be obeyed if they make sense.
Here here!

Latest posts

Back