Puch Bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All fab'd and welded, just need to cut down the pivot pin in the front and either thread the one end or drill it for a cotter pin.

Springer%20Seat%204.jpg

Springer%20Seat%205.jpg

Springer%20Seat%206.jpg

Nice work on the seat mount! I am a little worried it might break at the weld half way along though, that is a weak point that could be prone to stressing and breaking. Maybe some gussets underneath going 2" either side of that join with tapered ends to help support it may be a good idea?

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Nice work on the seat mount! I am a little worried it might break at the weld half way along though, that is a weak point that could be prone to stressing and breaking. Maybe some gussets underneath going 2" either side of that join with tapered ends to help support it may be a good idea?

Luke.
What if I welded in a couple pieces, one on each side that goes from the front pivot point to the back angle iron. That way those pieces will be one piece from front to back of the seats sub frame.

LukeTheJoker said:
Yep, that would be even better! Just worried about your safety, loving the way it looks, great work!

Luke.
Here we go the seat sub frame is now fully fab'd and just needs paint. Put the seat on it and sat down giving it the bouncing up and down treatment. Nothing broke, twisted or snapped on it.

Springer%20Seat%207.jpg

Well she would of been a roller today, but UPS didn't deliver my new rear tire because they had a late train on Thursday so I didn't get the tire Friday. Did get the head tube bearing cups installed and put the forks on.

Mock%20up%205.jpg

Mock%20up%206.jpg

The seat seems to be strong like bull and withstood me bouncing up and down on it with a fair amount of force.

Looks great! I have the same carburetor on my 66cc motorized bike (legally registered as a moped). Tons of power! I hope you get it to fit somehow... perhaps get an offset intake manifold?

schwinnmesa said:
Looks great! I have the same carburetor on my 66cc motorized bike (legally registered as a moped). Tons of power! I hope you get it to fit somehow... perhaps get an offset intake manifold?

What he said, different intake.

Each time you post another mock-up I go back to the first page and look at your "inspiration" photo. It's looking good, but I'm not sold on the handlebars now.

The bars look like a shark mouth. You should weld some teeth in there.

Latest posts

Back