Puch Bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I welded an arm onto the choke tab as you can see in the following pictures.

Carb%20Clearance%209.jpg

Carb%20Clearance%2010.jpg

Carb%20Clearance%2011.jpg

The arm is made from a nut cracker set, the pick to dig the nut out of its shell. I cut most of the handle end off and flattened the pick end some more before I welded it to the chokes cut down original arm.

Great transformation!

LukeTheJoker said:
Yeah! Looking cool! :mrgreen: I am however wondering how it would look with straight mountain bike bars to give it that stripped down racer/bobber look...?

Luke.
I don't think it would be fun to ride with straight bars on it, but I might try it that way to see how it is and looks with them. You wouldn't happen to have a set of them you could send would you... :mrgreen:

I do, but freight would be a killer! It may force you to lean to far forward for comfort but I really think it would look even more awesome with the flat/straight bars on... Maybe you could mock it up with a piece of broom handle to see if you like it before possibly wasting time finding a set if you don't like it...

Luke.

I like those Beast bars better than the others, the others are cool, but more for a chopper, not a bobber. I'd still like to see some flat MTB bars, they are really a dime a dozen. Hope you can find a set to try on.

Well I built a new work stand for the bike tonight because I wasn't happy with the first one.

Work%20Stand%201.jpg

You can also see that I shortened the pedal tension arm and added a half link to that chain so it can be set up right.

I modified a Puch throttle control so I could install a better twist throttle. As you can see here I cut out the twist throttle part of the right side controls.
Controls%201.jpg

With the twist throttle mated up to the brake lever
Controls%202.jpg

Controls%203.jpg

Ok, try to ignore the fact that these are handle bars. In your mind picture some foot pegs down in place of the part where the hand grips would be. Of course they would be attached near where the bar bend for the hand grips.
Foot Peg mock up 1.jpg

Foot Peg mock up 2.jpg

The reason I am thinking of doing this is to make it more comfortable to ride.

I like the foot pegs. I'd try to make them a larger diameter, similar to the rest of the frame, to make it appear more 'stock'.

I agree with making a bike comfortable, why build it if you can't ride it?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hadu7ega.jpg

I have come up with a new plan on the foot peg issue. Out with the highway pegs. If you look at the pedal in this picture you can see space behind it. What I am thinking of doing is to put a block on the crank shaft that has two holes in it 180 degrees apart. Then drill a hole in the crank arm. With this setup you would pull the pin and have the cranks facing the same way or like normal cranks. Last part is to install a stop so the pedals become forward facing foot pegs.

Latest posts

Back