Psycho Monkey Ward

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a rider for the first time in 50 plus years :cool2: !
Ended up using a late 30s Schwinn spring-er modified a little to work on this frame, their's close to 40 parts in that front end..hodge podge .

An 18 tooth 7 hole sprocket coupled to a 10 tooth cog in the rear was real easy to pedal around the neighborhood, we'll see how it does with the trailer in tow.

Added this fender set that's been gathering dust for years after a scrubbin' and a coat of oil they match ok a shade off but ok.

just could not see removing the dents just straightened enough to clear the tires.

so here's how it sits in rider form , notice the braces hangin' out back for the trailer hitch.

more later time for another ride :dance2:
Mark

Thanks guys , I think it looks nicer with the seat and bars slammed but after a few laps around the block .. I had to raise them up and after a few uphill pulls it was tough to keep it straight with that much rake and trail. Sacrifice
Mark

Low for show, up for go.
What a great rat!
Awesome to see a build off bike on the road!

yeah this bike needs to be posted in the Best Patina thread...

Carl.

So here's my entry to Bonine , a Prewar Snyder built Hawthorne fastback .
My only plan is to actually finnish in time :D:D unlike last year !
Frame and possible fender set
Hey that looks like the inside of my garage!:D

looks like some oe scallops under the red spray bomb

may need to clean out my outdoor bike shop :eek:

we'll see what it turns into
Mark

Thanks all for the cool comments but I am far from done with this project and will be cutting it close to the deadline .
I did make some forward progress today , worked on the trailer this afternoon ! Its now a roller...Yay !
Frame all tied together

axle complete ready to weld in

axle/spindle parts , the only purchase so far are the bushings and the round tubing for the axle. Every thing else is from the pile

axle welded in its a roller

still a bunch more to get done .
Mark

A little more done to the trailer, a local business puts out scrap wood free for the taking so the other day driving by I see a big shipping crate ....Score, more free building material !

After some measuring, cutting and generally screwing around we have a deck.

The little Psycho Monkey seems to like it !

knot

when you finishing this thing Grandpa ? I wanna ride !!

Hopefully soon :39:

More later
Mark

I was going to ask what the trailer was going to lug around.Now I see.:21:
Grandpa going around the block,rollin the monkey to sleep...:rofl:

You are on the right track Funkme, he falls asleep quickly while in the car :113:
Mark
The trailer does look like a rollin cot or cage.Looks cool.:113:
Every mother on the block will be calling you.

Latest posts

Back