Project Ed (DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the bike down to the antique mall to look for a few bits and I actually had some luck.

be177a3091ed6a0a1a00518bc3d75a32.jpg

Came across these amazing 1960's rocket reflectors. I traded the guy my single glass reflector for them. He probably got the better trade but I love the look of these.

f7f9429ed8a456c834f1ed053bd96c4b.jpg

Also one of you mentioned having a tribute to Thomas Edison on the bike so here you go! Just like it was slapped on there in 1940.

6cca150bb5de82d47063021c4775d5ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This build takes the modern tech on a vintage bike to a whole new level. Rocket reflectors and sticker are some sweet details. Love it.

You've set the bar high in the Ed vs Chris battle..:thumbsup:

Wow thank you!

That sticker (water slide) is probably older than the bike. I still can't believe it activated with warm water after 70 years.

Even water slide decals were made better back then.

Make water slide decals great again.

To keep the cables looking old and period correct, I wanted some old cloth housing...

But, to keep the pull where it needed to be I had to use modern housing.

So, I wrapped the front brake and throttle cable with old cloth tape. I tied both cables together until it forked off at the head tube, then I continued the cloth to the front brake.

f99ccea54d4c66f7b49ceafbe22dc302.jpg

7eab877d8d6e172047124610a69b8040.jpg

Aging aluminum like old pitted chrome was not easy.

I used a combination of paint and heat techniques and I'm happy with the look.

Its nothing like what TRM does but it's a good second option.

d69452cc50514b15d8275a0c8482df44.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoyed a great afternoon with Dr.T today!

Also the rear tube popped on me, so I'll replace it with one that won't pop.

If you go with a tubeless tire conversion on this bad boy, I will have to bow down in complete reverence for this Electro-Rat. Sweet ride man. Makes my head hurt looking at it. If reproduced, you could be a gazzilionaire!!!!

If you go with a tubeless tire conversion on this bad boy, I will have to bow down in complete reverence for this Electro-Rat. Sweet ride man. Makes my head hurt looking at it. If reproduced, you could be a gazzilionaire!!!!

High praise! Thank you !

Great details continue!
IMO, this is your best RRB build since you got 2nd place in BO6.
Brilliant execution brother!

In the past I've used my dads leather work in my builds at some point.

The bike lock key was begging to get a fob. Hopefully this will keep thefts away.

c694c85fd1c480ec7cf1c88cdf531f48.jpg

Great details continue!
IMO, this is your best RRB build since you got 2nd place in BO6.
Brilliant execution brother!

Thank you sir! If you look at this bike and that one, you'll see some similarities!

So as of right now Project Ed is done!

I'm completely and totally happy with how the bike finished up and I can't wait to get some nice photos posted!

We also shot a short video about "Project Ed" and that will be included in the finished thread.

Latest posts

Back