Price check

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent seen the bike yet the lady is bringing it to my work on wendsday for me to look at and maybe purchase.

She said it was a ladies Shelby Skyrider. She says it looks complete even has the original chain but it has been sitting outside since at least the 80's prolly longer. She says you can still see the original paint but it needs a fresh coat.

I couldnt find too much info on the internet regarding these bikes so not real sure on the price she is asking $75 and thats her delivering it to me. She tried to sell iit a few years ago and someone told her that 75 was to little to be asking. Anyways just wondering if its a good price or if I should stay away from it depending on the condition of course.

Oldroads.com lists a roadmaster skyrider in the picture database. Might be the same bike. You really can't say no to a nice old lady considering she's even delivering the bike.

girls version - looky here http://www.bicyclejunkyard.com/HPIM0988.JPG

i think shelby and roadmaster were the same at one one point

id pay probly 100 for the one in the pic tops if i really wanted it, even if its a (say for example) $250 bike in nice shape, the way it sounds the one this lady has is most likely gonna need alot of $ or time to make it a $250 bike if its in rough shape. (possibly a moneypit too) just use your judgement, if its rough and your wanting it for yourself to ride, offer what its worth to ya, if its to collect or to resale and its in rough shape id pass, theres usually somethin better you find later on. id pass up $50-$100 dollar rusty bikes all day so i could pay $250 for the nice one when it comes along.

Well I went ahead and bought it. I figured i got my last bike for free and was selling it and already have a buyer interested in this one so it should offset the cost but here it is
DSC00188.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

But ya like I said I already got a customer wanting to buy the firestone when im done and had a woman aproach me about buying this bike restored so cant wait to start it

Latest posts

Back