• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Pre war Westfield

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Imperial badged Westfield for sale. Looking like I was off on the year. Frame, forks and trussrods original, everything else was added by me. Covered in light blue paint when I got it. Stripped it all off and was able to save most of the original paint. Thompson grips and seat, pretty new Duro tires. Added the laid back seat post. Rides pretty nicely. Really need the space, only ridden twice I think, been in my shed since. Would like 225$ shipped using bike flights. Don't like the price throw me a number, need the space.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
OLd wheels I been having.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
That should be gone in a heartbeat.
Sweet looking bike!

Dang, thats one sweet lookin ride! Especially for the $.....ya shouldnt have any trouble selling that!

Frame is a 1939.

1936.……A5429 - A266083

1937.……B5000 - B195407

1938.……C5000 - C130896

1939.……D5000 - D156044

1940.……E5000 - E168879

1941.……F5000 - F213132 and G5000 - G17433

The mounting holes for the headbadge are situated vertically, not horizontally. And the number is beyond the 39 numbers, so it's a 58 model, I stand corrected.

I still think this is a late 1930s to early 40s frame.
I don't think I have ever seen a 1950s Columbia / Westfield that had these old style dropouts and dropstand tabs. By the early 50s they had front facing drops and a straight mid tube.
Either way, that is a killer deal for someone.

That's right, my 55 Newsboy had forward facing dropouts. So I'm back thinking 1939.

I've always heard that chain tensionsers = prewar (approximately). Also, the 40 era Westfield Miamis that ive seen have the vertical badge holes. I think that dating method applies only to Westfield badges.

Uuuhh, I don't know Dave, you might be on your own on this one, just this time lol.
Lololol, I am use to that....Gawdy hidious thing decked to me though...that chain guard, mannn...Its like a bike youd wake up to after a hard night drinkin.

Something about Westfield-built frames with a straight downtube.... the lines are just awesome. Wish i had spare cash. GLWS

Lololol, I am use to that....Gawdy hidious thing decked to me though...that chain guard, mannn...Its like a bike youd wake up to after a hard night drinkin.

Needs whitewalls is all.

Latest posts

Back