PRE WAR ELGIN BIKE BLACK LIMO TAXI BICYCLE SIDE CAR UPDATE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, & Welcome. :D . Here's my entry for the build off...
This is my starting point .. As you can see the bike will need some work & parts :D The bike was repainted long ago. Lucky for me on this build that is a plus. Because I needed a prewar black bike to make the build work.
009-4_zpscfc336bf.jpg

Re: 1941 PRE WAR ELGIN BIKE BLACK LIMO TAXI BICYCLE

Heres a quick mock up of what I am doing .. I bought this bike with the intention of doing this idea. It was painted the correct color & a perfect match for my idea.. .. :D Both time savers.. :D It will still take a lot of work to get this right .. :roll:
DSC00118_zpsdf9657ee.jpg

0036.jpg
Im using the wheels off of the Red Columbia in the photo for this build.The wheels where painted silver chrome yuck so Im repainting them black ..

I now changed the wheels on the red Columbia to these wheels ..
DSC00126_zpsd1219477.jpg

WHAT UP BROTHER!! IM WATCHING!! YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO....PEACE

You ALWAYS have to coolest stuff to play with!!!! Jealous Jealous Jealous!!!!!
Glad to see a side car in BO8!!!!!

This arrived in my back yard the same day as the bike I have to wonder if it was stowed away in Bri's truck .The deer showed up right after he left :lol: . Im mostly surrounded by water so I dont know where he thinks hes going ??? Most places deer are not a big deal .But Im more likely to get a Seal here than a deer .. :lol:
I wish I could have gotten a bike in the photo..
6f7d1e37-a3ec-4dde-9ad8-5cb7d2c23795_zps9fdeead3.jpg

I grew up on the Intercoastal Waterway here in Savannah. You would be surprised at how many time I came up on deer swimming between mainland and islands. Very cool.

kingfish254 said:
I grew up on the Intercoastal Waterway here in Savannah. You would be surprised at how many time I came up on deer swimming between mainland and islands. Very cool.
That is interesting & very possible here.There was a deer Ocean rescue the week before this deer showed up ..It was the cover story on the local paper ( Small town )Its not the same deer though the one in the paper was a buck. The other side of me is a Bay with a Big Park on the opposite side so he may have Swam over or did the low tide shuffle .. :lol:

Re: PRE WAR ELGIN BIKE BLACK LIMO TAXI BICYCLE

Then I hit a wall . :x Let see if we can all follow along :roll: :lol: The rear cog that was on the Red Columbia bike that had the silver painted rims, That I painted black had a wider cog Than most standard chain bikes .. I checked the red wheels now on the Columbia they where both regular pitch chain ..But the silver wheels now black, for some reason had a wider cog width .( So a normal chain would not fit even though both where pre war New Departure Model D Hubs ) Go figure, So I changed both over with each outher .. ( That was annoying ) :roll: :lol: But at least now my red bike has its original gearing back & the Black bike now will take a normal chain.
DSC00132_zpsefabd7be.jpg

I would have liked to show this being switched over but I was to yucky to handle the Camera for this. :?

Heres the rims on New Tires ..
DSC00130_zpse9184e32.jpg

Re: PRE WAR ELGIN BIKE BLACK LIMO TAXI BICYCLE

sweet looking bike man very sweet!!!!

Troy

Latest posts

Back