Post Your Final Thoughts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a bicycle?

h//www.wired.com/story/vehicle-future-bike/
WI050118_2605AP_thompson_01.jpg

Last edited:
I posted on my build thread that Little One was my last documented bicycle build, then I stepped away from the forum.

I show up today to cast votes, and I see this thread. I'm almost at a loss for words, there are some positive comments. But there's a lot of pissn' and moanin' about what's right and wrong.

All I can say is, it's just a dam bike.

Don’t be so dramatic. You’ll be back!

I want to apologize because my initial comments where commented on the Build Off apparently should have been in a separate thread somewhere.

I was just pointing out some food for thought for the future build off. Zero hate, I loved all the bikes, but I do think it would be nice to have an area where people can comment on their thoughts and concerns and ideas on how to continue to make the Build Off the best competition in the vintage bike game.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with proposing more categories etc, I think the Admins do an amazing job running this page and the veterans do a heck of a job of running the build off. I think ideas, and constructive criticism is all fair but I don’t know if we need to define what is Rat and what isn’t. Build bikes, have fun, support each other, collaborate, continue to make this the number 1 forum in the game, and always look for ways to improve what’s already great!

...but I don’t know if we need to define what is Rat and what isn’t.
Nope, we don't need to. Everyones rat is different: some are rusty, some are colourful, some ar flat black and some are shiny, but all rats are welcome!
Build bikes, have fun, support each other, collaborate, ..., and always look for ways to improve what’s already great!
That's exactly, what the Build Off is about!
At least for me!

There's a reason that rule number nine has always existed on the forum...

9. No discussing the definition of the term "rat rod" or whether bikes meet "rat rod" criteria...trust us on this one...it goes nowhere.

The whole point of this forum is for folks to have fun building bicycles and to enjoy the hobby. Once any part of it (build offs included) veers away from that goal, it's time to step away.

I've always joked about not taking the build offs too seriously....grown men/women...playing with bicycles...for no real prizes...and somehow arguing still occurs. :bigsmile:

Thanks to all who participated and thanks for all of the cool bikes that were built!!!!

Latest posts

Back