Polly's Putt'er-aka Purple People Eater! (new bike)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I guess I'd better get in on this before everyone gets to much of a head start.The patient is a 24"Hiawatha I got from Crasserly in the great selloff of 'ot 8'.It's got the peaked fenders which are so cool they might have to stay! Got a few other ideas in mind but guess I'd better just get to breaking her down and sanding! :wink:

Emsbikes062-1.jpg

L8 EM

Re: Hiawatha You Dooen!

thats great, two 24" so far. like them peaked fenders

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Rollin Double Sixes said:
Nice I have that bikes twin sister! Looking forward to how you finish this.
Feel free to post a pic-I'd love to see her! Gonna roll out a new name eventually because the direction is starting to come to me! :wink:

Thanks for the pic RDS! It does have the red stripes but the wheels are getting painted. Still debating on a name but I'm leaning towards "The _ _ _ _ _ _ _." :lol: :wink:

Ok ,I admit ,I've done jack on this bike ! I love it but started a project for the wife......Can I change my bike mid build off???? Need input!(gonna build it anyway!) DISCUSS :D
L8 EM

Re: Hiawatha You Dooen!(dilema 7/8)

Change it. Ya didn't even start it.........A project for the "wife", I know the feeling. I'm gonna have some pink on it. But hey, it's gonna be FLAT pink!

ive got nothin against pink bikes, i say change it to the wifes bike if its a time crunch dilema :wink:

wouldnt let me quote this so................

Here's your chance to build the ultimate Rat Rod Bike.

Follow the rules below and have fun! We're keepin' this thing pretty loose so don't get yourself in a knot. :shock:

Participants should use their thread as a journal including write ups and photos.

1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the Subject.
3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and after photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be ridable.
7. Use any parts you like....mo rat = mo bettah!
8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).
9. Paint must be applied by builder.
10. KEEP IT CHEAP...remember...IT'S A RAT ROD!!!!

You must post your completed bike by August 31, 2008.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST.

Now get ta buildin'!
under rule #1.....
now get on it :mrgreen:

Well here's the bike I'm switching to:
Emsbikes064.jpg

Emsbikes063.jpg

It's a 52' Breeze I picked up for the wife.(FREE!) It's been stripped down,sanded and painted the frame and forks. gotta still sand the fenders and find a few more parts.I'll post pics later-When I get to town to pick up batteries! :wink: Love what everyone else has been doing! Have'nt had time to post because the new job has me working from 6am-2pm doing Golf course maintnence. Not glamours but i'm enjoying it.(and golfing alot for free!)So by the time I get home i'm beat!after a nap I have my own yard and garden to tend to!So to all participants-GREAT JOB SO FAR GUY'S (AND GALS :oops: )!
L8 EM

if you need Schwinn parts let me know. (I have a couple :roll: )
Scott 8)
P1010623.jpg

i was startin to wonder where you went to, now we know :mrgreen:

cool bike for the lady, are you sure it was a breeze ? looks like a traveler maybe (not that it matters)

should make for one fast ride regardless !!!

Latest posts

Back