POCA RATA "Little Rat" DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" Headlight mock-up

ndaway said:
140 :shock: don't go in there its not worth it.

I know buddy! Last year's build I was able to do in the basement in the A/C. Since it is mostly storage for stuff we don't really use or need there is no room to work now. I could move inside if I cleaned the basement out, but if I was to do that I'd be lucky to get in there in time for RRBO8 or 9! :lol: :lol: Just gonna have to tough it out & GTB!

pick said:
ndaway said:
140 :shock: don't go in there its not worth it.

I know buddy! Last year's build I was able to do in the basement in the A/C. Since it is mostly storage for stuff we don't really use or need there is no room to work now. I could move inside if I cleaned the basement out, but if I was to do that I'd be lucky to get in there in time for RRBO8 or 9! :lol: :lol: Just gonna have to tough it out & GTB!
Dang Pick that's rough! It's been krazy hot and humid in Philly too. Ya bikes looking good so hang in there! Peace

Pick, you should work on the bike at night when it's only 85 outside!

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" Progress!

LowpowerD said:
Pick, you should work on the bike at night when it's only 85 outside!

I know buddy, funny you would mention that. Waited last nite till it got down to 100 then fired up the welder. Got truss rods welded, decided to eliminate the seat post & just weld it to the frame. Also welded top & bottom plates on the tank & mounted it, welded the headlight mount. In my spare time I also sandblasted the seat before attaching it to the frame. Amazing that it takes until 6pm for the temp to lower to a mere 100. Welds are not perfect, but I was going for a real ratty look & I think that's been accomplished. Working on cleaning up the wheels & the small stuff now. I will be removing the flames from the forks as well. I'm pretty sure I can get it done by the deadline, but there will be some early mornings & late nights (& a few beers)
to do it! Anyway here are some pics:

welding001.jpg

welding002.jpg

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" Update 7/31/12 Welding

Nice work Pick. The springer seat really fits this frame (amazingly)
Last year it was rain, this year heat; excuses, excuses :lol:
Are you painting it? Looks cool with bare metal...

Seat is looking cool. Brave the heat and git er done!!!

MplsCoaster said:
Nice work Pick. The springer seat really fits this frame (amazingly)
Last year it was rain, this year heat; excuses, excuses :lol:
Are you painting it? Looks cool with bare metal...

Steve: Bare metal it is! That was my plan in the beginning. I've never done one that way before. Don't have to worry about scratching the paint either! :lol:

I think I can finish it in time. Skipton & I will probably be coming in at the last second! :lol: :mrgreen: Is there a trophy for that??? :lol:

All I have left is assembly. I have my grips (courtesy Schwinnray69), have a new black chain & an old set of pedals. I am determined to be the last dude to finish!!!! :mrgreen: Hoping to be late to my own funeral too!

pick said:
All I have left is assembly. I have my grips (courtesy Schwinnray69), have a new black chain & an old set of pedals. I am determined to be the last dude to finish!!!! :mrgreen:

I'll be right behind ya :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
pick said:
All I have left is assembly. I have my grips (courtesy Schwinnray69), have a new black chain & an old set of pedals. I am determined to be the last dude to finish!!!! :mrgreen:

I am slowing down now! Thanks for the grips buddy, really appreciated!

pick said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
pick said:

I am slowing down now! Thanks for the grips buddy, really appreciated!

No problem :wink: I just wanna see them on the bike!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pick said:
I think I can finish it in time. Skipton & I will probably be coming in at the last second! :lol: :mrgreen: Is there a trophy for that??? :lol:

Come on Pick we can DO THIS! :mrgreen: :D

I will probably be skating in about 8:59 before the 9pm deadline!!!! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: Thanks for lookin guys, sorry I don't have any progress to report at this time! (top secret you know!) Slacking actually, this heat is killin me! Can't wait for winter.

pick said:
I will probably be skating in about 8:59 before the 9pm deadline!!!! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: Thanks for lookin guys, sorry I don't have any progress to report at this time! (top secret you know!) Slacking actually, this heat is killin me! Can't wait for winter.
Just finish it up in the kitchen, or in the bathtub. You gonna be at the ride tomorrow? I hope so. 8)

Diabolical_Dork said:
pick said:
Just finish it up in the kitchen, or in the bathtub. You gonna be at the ride tomorrow? I hope so. 8)

Sorry, I won't be able to make the ride. We had a wedding to work tonite, so I didn't get anything done! :( Cooler weather is here now & I plan on working on it all day tomorrow. Hope to post my finished thread seconds before the deadline. :mrgreen: I also hope to be late to my own funeral! :lol:

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" BACK ON TRACK!

Finally got the day off. Little Rat is on the rack & reassembly is in progress. Hitting a few snags here & there, but all can be dealt with. More pics later today/tonight. Gotta get back to buildin'! ( to coin a phrase :lol: )

build003.jpg

build002.jpg

Latest posts

Back