POCA RATA "Little Rat" DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a name, but no pics yet. Will post some later. :mrgreen:

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat"

:x Get Ta Postin'!!

yoothgeye said:
pick said:
Got a name, but no pics yet. Will post some later. :mrgreen:

A Spanish bike? Mexican? Puerto Rican?

I wanna see it!

El Murray! :lol: No, it's an american bike, I just liked the name! :mrgreen:

Hey, stop teasin' :x :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

udallcustombikes said:
Since I am not entering this year, you are welcome to dig through my parts bins.

Thanks Buddy! May need to.

I was inspired last year by "Dr. Tankenstein's" build. Bucking all the trends, girls bike, 20", neither has ever won before. I thought he did a great job on it. He ended up with a great bike, he built for someone else (daughter?) Anyway, I was impressed.

So, I am building this one for my grandson (like he needs another bike! :mrgreen: )

Murray Eliminator, I got from my buddy "udallcustombikes", & various parts I have lying around.

Here is the starting point: Frame:

pocorata003.jpg

Forks from a Murray Porkchopper:

pocorata001.jpg

WCC Wheels:

pocorata002.jpg

& anything else I can scrounge up to hopefully end up with a cool bike for my favorite (& only) grandson. More details soon.

yoothgeye said:
I wanna see that rear wheel fit the frame, they are surprisingly wide.

That's why I like them. This one will have dropout extentions to fit it in there somewhat like last year's build. I think the front will fit no problem.

This may be a bare metal frame since I haven't done that before & I'm lazy anyway. :lol: Hoping to have a motorcycle/bobber look to it. Not spending much money on this, just using parts I already have around & not planning on purchasing anything other than nuts, bolts, etc.

Super low budget Little Rat!

There's another 20" bike being built as a cafe racer, this frame could easily do the same and would be cool! You shortening the forks?

pick said:
yoothgeye said:
I wanna see that rear wheel fit the frame, they are surprisingly wide.

That's why I like them. This one will have dropout extentions to fit it in there somewhat like last year's build. I think the front will fit no problem.

When I was doing the same frame for Grand-son I was thinking the same thing. Even thought about cutting slots in back of drop outs. Plenty of meat to work with there.

Wow, awesome parts :shock: Interested to see how triple trees and FAT tires look on a muscle bike! :wink:

Good luck Bad Apple...errr, I mean POCA RATA! :mrgreen:

Love the name 8)

cool start an Tankerstie you have checked out Nuttin Fancy. Are the plans includeing clearcoat or linseed oil?

Randy: I may try that first. I see what you mean. Will have to test fit back tire to see if it's far enough back. Thanks for the tip!

Since this is supposed to be a motorcycle type build, I thought it should have a tank. Not sure if I like it or not! Opinions? I believe it is a flightliner tank (not sure) that I can modify to fit with a little 20ga. metal & a few welds. Pretty sure I'm going with the bare metal build.

pocorata.jpg

What do you guys think???? Tank, different tank or no tank @ all?

Latest posts

Back